• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How much snow did you get?

Looks like 10 inches of new snow in our yard from yesterday until right now. NWS says 2-4 more could fall this morning, but the radar is pretty clear and it's not snowing now. We'll see.

Boo for people like me without snowblowers! frown.gif

Yeah! for snowmobilers. grin.gif

Boo! for ice. frown.gif

Yeah! for photographers! grin.gif

OK Mr. Shmarty Pants Chunkytrout! You know the size of my driveway and parking area in front for the vehicles. Just spent the last three hours shoveling all the snow off those places, including the heavy packed stuff the city so considerately pushed in.

Keep a close eye on the scanner. If you hear an ambulance call to West Chandler, that'll be me. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Now I have to decide whether I have the energy to go shoot pictures. I could have fun on the sled but I never had a chance to get it registered before the weekend hit.

Who is sitting by the computer. Dug out and ready to go ..... that is to have a drink and a nap.

That would be me. 15 minutes of monkeying around with the honda and I was blowing snow all over the place. Yes it's time for libation followed by a nap.

I just finished up as well.......12 ins. in Duluth, plus the 3-4 ft. drift behind my fiances truck......of course she had to go to work this morning grin.gif Cheffery and I convoyed from Two Harbors last night at midnight after we did the NSM Christmas party.....gotta say, that was the worst drive I may have ever done.......having a "beverage", waiting for the plow to come by and ruin my hard work. grin.gif

This Southerner got about 4 inches. Amazing we didn't get hit as hard as the weather guy made out like. smirk.gif

Neighbor wants me to buy his sled so he was going to ride around me while I was snowblowing to rub it in. Too bad, no gas! smile.gif

I have granny's 90th b-day to go to this afternoon and he left for the ice fishing show, again with a smile. So had to go whip a couple doughnuts around his parked sled with the wheeler! grin.gifgrin.gif

Very true shiner, in my 5 years of trekking home late at night from Grand Superior that was by far the worst I had seen it. Good thing is that if we had lost it and slid to the left we never would have even hit the ditch with the size of the drift in the passing lane.

Time to relax after watching the town plow come down my driveway smile.gif(costs $25 per year for a 700'er) and watch the vikes light up detroit!

8" out my way BTW.

Just be glad you live where the seasons change!

Here in Irving (Texas) it's about 80 degrees today.

Miserable. I'd much rather be shoveling snow with a toothbrush! grin.gif

Don't worry Doop, my wife is from Plano and all I have heard is cussing bout the snow & cold today.

This snow sucks. So much for good ice on the bay this year. frown.gif

Cheffrey I was thinking about you guys up in Silver Bay when all this crap was coming down. Just getting off fish lake was a bugger. I thought poor Ripstick was going to stroke out. grin.gif

I think I got about a foot or so in Souptown. My back is still throbbing.

Got about 8" here in South Range. Put the plow on the old artic cat and she plowed it NO problem. Even plowed out the neighbor.

Putting some window film on the breezeway windows now, then will watch some football. The early game sucked.

Shoot, Chunky, I forgot all about the Honda. mad.gif

Sheesh, if I'd have remembered I just would have left the snow and gone shooting and then borrowed the blower from you tomorrow while you were at work. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

We got about 6" between the cities and St. Cloud. I bought a plow to be installed on my Jeep next week, so that should ensure we get no more snow.

I was thinking about 8-9" out this way too Wade. I got my place blown out and had to go up town to snow blow my parents place. I didn't even think about swinging bye your place Northlander, sorry dude smirk.gif. Your right the bay ice looks horrible. Maybe the wind will bust it up or it will sink. Better off starting new now.

I'm still thinking about getting a atv after xmas but maybe a snowmobile would be a better idea now for fishing.

Ya Im torn on what to get. Most years a wheeler would work and a plow on that will make snow removel easier. Now if we get into a snowy couple years a sled is the only way to go. If this snow doesnt settle on fish lake wheelers may struggle a bit.

Cheffrey your wife is from Plano! I have cousins who live in plano and roanoke. Went down a couple of years ago catfishing and pig hunting, what a blast.

Roanoke!!? That's where I go bowhunting! smile.gif

That's the one part of this state that even remotely reminds me of home. I'm baiting up some ornery hogs out there right now...a little strawberry jello powder does wonders! smile.gif

We have two feet or more at Devil Track on the ground, got the snowmobile stuck a few times already, the trails are open and its sleddin time!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I got at least 12" and drifts up to 30".

Enough snow to sled but with no hard base the track digs down to the ground.

At least 16" on the ground by Sunday morning in rural Hovland. We were out on 6" of ice Saturday morning before the storm.

foot to foot and a half in embarrass...Pretty stuff but sucky for life! We dont even have a shovel its some sort of scooper contraption.... the ice fishing was great friday night saturday on shags grin.gif.