Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pike doctor

reminders

8 posts in this topic

As the season approaches I would just like to say a couple of things about handling fish and picking up your trash when you are done fishing.

I see it every year. People catching fish and then beating the crap out of them before throwing them back. Please do not do any of the following: stand up straight and throw fish towards 8 inch hole after 10-15 beers and bounce fish’s head off of the ice, rip off or out fish’s lips/gills/guts when trying to remove hooks, hold fish out of water for more than one minute to take pics/measurements/etc, hold fish by the mouth and then proceed to crank its body horizontal without supporting its back, rolling fish in the snow in -0 temps, wiping off fish’s protective slim.

If I see you doing any of these things I may: wrap your arms behind your back and bounce your skull off of the ice and then I will kick you with my boot when you don’t land in the hole, come over and shove a buckshot rattle in your mouth and then pull your lips off with my pliers, pick you up by your mouth and turn your body horizontal without supporting your back, then I am going to role you in the snow and steal your immune system from you.

On lakes where you are going to catch way more fish than you can keep like Red it is important to handle the fish with care. I really don’t know if every fish I release is going to live, but I know there are things I can do to increase its chances of survival. Please take care of the fish. I would really like them to be there when my kids are old enough to enjoy them.

If you are on the lake and decided that it is going to be a good idea to leave a bunch of trash on the lake and I catch you, you better be prepared to digest it. I am sick and tired of spend time cleaning up after these jerks!! If you do see some trash on the lake, stop and pick it up, even if it’s not yours. I promise you will not be hurting anything.

It’s going to be a great winter. I hope everyone respects the resources we have and does more to help it than hurt it. And please remember a fish that is a baby this year could be a trophy in ten years if properly handled.

Quote:

If I see you doing any of these things I may: wrap your arms behind your back and bounce your skull off of the ice and then I will kick you with my boot when you don’t land in the hole, come over and shove a buckshot rattle in your mouth and then pull your lips off with my pliers, pick you up by your mouth and turn your body horizontal without supporting your back, then I am going to role you in the snow and steal your immune system from you.

If you are on the lake and decided that it is going to be a good idea to leave a bunch of trash on the lake and I catch you, you better be prepared to digest it.

Wow... I agree with the the initial comments, but I don't agree with the idiotic threat's of bodily harm.

Sorry if anyone is taking offense to my post. I guess it was a pretty lame attempt to be funny. I should have just said, please don't litter and please be careful with fish that you are going to or have to release.

Don't sweat it. You got the point across fine. The latter version would have just been grazed over quickly & forgotten about.

I was going to say don't beat around the bush tell us how you really feel!! LOL! Sometimes ya just gotta vent. Right? How did the snow affect the ice up there?

ya thanks for da reminder, I was just going to do all those things until you reminded me grin.gif

do u think by saying this it helps??? People that would do those things will do them no matter what you post on here. Try and keep your posts positive

What? Do you want a job for peta? I have my son pick up the trash @ the landing with the bag we brought our minnows in. It starts with us grown-ups to be stewards and lead by example....that includes the way we talk and act around them.