Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
castindad

fresh bait

14 posts in this topic

welcome to the BAIT DEN to all fmers and other great fishermen and women! cty 75 by vukes gas station keep a tight line castindad

I say you over there, ill stop to check you out. Do you have shrimp?

What do you have for prices on live bait? Ill be by sometime.

Stopped in this weekend at the Bait Den and this was the freshest and biggest fatheads I have seen in the area in a long time.

Looks like I found a new place to purchase my bait

Good luck to you guys and ill be back for sure.

Shaggy

Nice plug

I just left the Bait Den. Got a half dozen of the best lookin shiners I have seen in a long time. Also got a half scoop of fatheads for which I also recieved 6. Yeah they're nice minnows but 6 fatties in a half scoop? C'mon man. I'll give them one more shot but if they're gonna be stingy on the counts...forget it. There are alot of choices, in the area I fish in, for bait with alot better counts for my money. Almost $8 for 12 minnows! They better catch fish! You'd think that a new business would be dang near giving them away to get more repeat customers. Like I said, one more chance.

Ive said it once ill say it again go to scheels. $5 for a dozen shinners and trust me youll get a lot more then a dozen, 1.50 for a scoop of fatheads and these things are HUGE, i went to that new bait shop and my scoop of fatheads look like crappie minnows, sorry. Scheels is where its at if you dont mind goin to the mall.

6 fathead? lol. WHAT A DEAL

I agree with the Scheels bait. I have never gotten fat heads that big in my life, scoop and a half for $1.50. Only problem I don't know if the heads will fit on my hook. Also a dozen shiners cost only $5.

I HATE THE MALL! But if you guys say they're that good I'll go to Scheel's. I live close to the mall so it's not that far out of my way, I just really can't stand going there. I can handle a quick in and out....I think. Scheel's it is!

You wont be disappointed i promise you that.

We bought some crappie minnows from the bait den last week. immediately after, we went to the tackle box and more bait shop and bought a scoop of crappie minnows from them. Reason being, the crappie minows at the bait den were absolutely huge. They looked like chubbs!! The tackle box and more bait shop had really nice little ones that seemed to work for us when we went out! I really dont think the guy owning the bait den is nearly as personable as the guy that runs the tackle box and more bait shop. I'll stick with the tackle box and more!

This just goes to show how foolish you are when you buy bait.

You don't know one from the other. Any (Contact Us Please) knows what a chubb is and a crappie minnow.I don't think any shop in town would sell crappie minnows that big.And I have bought crappie minnows there and they were fine for me.And lively at that.So you can go where you need to go But Im stickin with the bait den.

only thing that sucks about going the scheels route is that it's the holidays and every salesperson is trying to sell gear and it can be tough to flag someone down to get the minners. but worth it!!!