Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Pike1

Mystery Ice Spot

8 posts in this topic

So I have now lived in the North East metro for about 7 years. There is a small body of water about 6 blocks from my house which is connected by a channel to a public body water. To access during the winter you would need to be one of the home owners or risk running the channel with 4x4 or sled to on this back water pond/lake. Anyway every single year since I have lived here a guy puts up one single little perm in the exact same spot. For all I know it is used for a warming shack to ice skate, get away from the wife, drink beer, play cards, or what have you. That being said there also is the possibility this is a good ice fishing spot. I was driving home this morning and to my delight and somewhat surprise the perm shack was out on the frozen little pond like a beacon in the night. My delimma is do I once for all make quest out there and see if this is a winter fishing paradise or might it simply be best to continue to leave this to my imagination and the mystery and wonderment of simply what if....

thats a toughy... idk man cause if you never check you never know what you might be missing you know what i mean! but if it was me i would probably go check and see if their is anything special such as depth changes or structure you know what i mean?! i would go out there and try it once just to see what its really all about, thats just me though!

Had the same situation in BURNSVILLE. Small pond,houses

on 95% of shore line, and 1 lonely portable setting out

there. I thought nothing of it, so i didn't check it

out. Last year here it is agian. This time i go and take

a look. Come to find out that the city park dept. had

stocked the pond three years ago,(walleye-crappie). So

if I were you I'd take a trip out there and just see what

you might be missing, it may be worth it.No more"WHAT IF"

Mr. Pike1 it woldn't happen to be white shack on a certain small lake you can see from the freeway would it.

You would be wasting your time on that spot, its just a place I go to get away from the wife. Just bullheads and can carp in there. lmao

What part of Maplewood do u live in?

Mr. Pike, go! I've seen the same thing a couple of times & all but one of those times it was a bust. But that one time made all the rest worth it!

I found out a guy we bike with lives on said little pond so I can access. I still am a bit surprised the small perm is out there. The main lake that connects was open water a week ago.

Concerning the question on color. Not white is kind of a yellowish

Concerning were in Maplewood I am on the North side.

I may just have to scratch that itch