Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

Important info. for Minnesota ice fisherman

8 posts in this topic

Totally forgot about this until I read it in the paper this morning. Minnesota legislature approved a bill late last year that states that if you are ice fishing in a shelter and take the shelter with you when you are done for the day (or evening) you are no longer required to license that shelter. Only shelters that are left on the ice when you leave are required to be licensed. You still have to identify your shelter regardless with your name and address or your drivers license number. The law pertains to all shelters. NICE grin.gif BC

Catfish could have used this info a couple of weeks ago! Thanks for sharing it! smile.gif

Yeah, I bought mine two weeks back for my flipover shelter. Didn't know about the rule change. Spent $12.50 on something that's just gonna sit in my wallet.

Guess that's my gift to the DNR. crazy.gif

Quote:

Guess that's my gift to the DNR.

Did you say "Merry Christmas"?

Don't feel to badly St., I think there are a few of us that fished late last year that needed shack tags so we have the one we bought late last year that is good for this season as well. Guess I'll just have to drag the permenant shack out on the lake this year and put that tag to good use. Good luck out there.

Tunrevir~

I did the same thing. I was fishing for Lake Trout last March using my portables and bought the shelter lisc. I guess I had to at the time so... whatever. Small price to pay for my time on the ice.

same here but have no problem with funds hope they put it to good use. small price to pay but also nice to see the ruling finally come. Good to know you still have to have your ID on them guess I'll just keep using my DNR # like always and leave last tag in place.

To quote Garage Logic:

"You learn more here by accident than elsewhere by design." cool.gif