Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barek68

On the ice today, Pelican

11 posts in this topic

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifGot the house out today. Good ice bout 5 to 6 in. and clear as i`ve ever seen it, you can even see the bottom through the ice at 15 ft. The ice is good and the fishin is better, but don`t listen to krebsy, he can`t catch fish. I can and did 2 at 20. good luck and good fishin. Be SAFE!!!

krebsy will come through grin.gif

BareK called me at 7 am and finally had a line in the water by 3:30. Can you say unprepared. I'm sure by 3:00 pm it was time for a run too the Pub for more BEER. I went out and visited and I'm sure it was my adjustments too the house and lines that made it possible for him too snag a couple. It's going too be a long winter taking care of this guy so my fishing success could be limited at the start of this season. It's always fun watching him light the wrong end of his ciggarrettes and the big bluish yellow flames that burn his eyebrows. Krebsy.. confused.gifconfused.gifshocked.gif

Are you talking portables, or is it getting safe out there for a 6X7 on wheels.. Four wheeler ???? Havent been out by the lakes for a while so I am behind on ice conditions. I see a lot of people are fishing but dont want to pull that house out there if the ice isnt ready? thanks for any info and advice...

hey dragon the ice is about 7 inches now. I took my 8x10 house out friday. but there is a lot of snow on the lake now, so a 4 wheeler is a must, be sure to have chains on it because the ice under is as smooth as glass.

Awsome, thanks for the info, gonna try pull the house out this weekend then... Public access pn the southwest as good as anywhere to go out of, or maybe the only place I guess ??

Dragon -- you talking by Zorbaz?

Let's tad team that lake -- I will put mine on a different spot and let's stay in contact on who is doing what.

When are you putting your house out -- I might do it as well -- depending on this cold spell ... I get to be a little chicken when it comes to all of this snow.

Hitman, was actually talking about around the bend from Zorbaz but either is good for me. I am waiting on a couple calls from friends, Will either be saturday or sunday, What is good for you.... I dont know the lake that well so if you point me in the right direction we could tag team it and find the fish hopefully... We have our work holiday party on friday so I dont know how early I would be up on saturday, will keep you informed as soon as I find out if the boys can go sat or sun. Would be fun to team it up and find em !!!

Did I give you my number?

There is an ice break just around the bend by zorbaz there for your information.

A. Shae

Hitman, no number, I can give you my home email address as well. I still dont know when we will get there, if saturday it will be after the noon time, Sunday I am not sure when it would be..Early or late? I am trying to get the plan ready so we know what the heck is going on.... I'm excited to get out there. Rick trickyricky@gomoorhead.com