Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hardwater1

Eskimo ice house questions

10 posts in this topic

I am looking at a eskimo quick fish 3, was just wondering if anyone has used one before. this is the one that u spike to the ice and it has a hub system that pops up. Wondering how they are in the wind their website makes it sound easy. Please let me know what you think

I don't have one and have never actually tried one "in the field" but I have played around with them in a sporting goods store. In a wind, they'd be trouble and the hub system doesn't appear to be all it's cracked up to be. You can get a lot nicer system through Otter Outdoors, Clam or Frabill for just a touch more money and you'd be a lot happier.

Yes I have one & it has been very useful, it's a bit heavy to lug threw the deep snow but other than that it's as good as the otter's or frabill's it very quick to set up & the wind isn't a big problem. the thing i like is it has enough room to move around. take it for what it's worth! smile.gif

How do you haul your gear?

i haul my gear in a small sled, just big enough for auger, pail, and heater. I prefer to stay lite

I was asking CF about his/her gear but since you answered...

By the sounds of it, you don't have a house yet but you've got a sled and some gear. Lightweight and portability is definitely the key, so you're on the right track. Depending on how many you fish with or if you fish alone, I would seriously take a look at either a Cabin or Magnum Lodge put out by Otter Outdoors.

I have two portables one a old old tent and awning 3 x 5 and a 4 x 8 that i made out of plywood and a tarp, was on of the first ones ever on the ice, made it back in the 80's, but am getting to old to haul them out any more lol. Got all kinds of input on ice fishing forum they made up my mind all was positive going next weekend to buy one thanks all for input

No problem. Enjoy!

What do you mean T.O about where do I haul my fishing gear? In the tub!works just fine unless there might be someone with a another tub to put the auger & etc. other wise plenty of space. confused.gif

I didn't realize Eskimo products came with a sled/tub. Or perhaps you bought a sled/tub separate. I did not see where you had mentioned that in your first post, thus, my question.