Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelpout50

Ice in SW Metro

4 posts in this topic

I was crusing around the SW today and stopped at a few small lakes,(RR, Mitchell, Staring) all still have open water. Riley was wide open. Looked like there were some holes drilled on RR and Mitchell. I only dared go about 20' out. I drilled a few holes and it looked like 3"-4". Guess I will be out tomarrow before the snow comes. I talked to an old timer that said there were a few people on O'Dowd. Good luck.

Stopped by Bavaria, Wasserman, steiger and drove by minnewashta today. Bavaria was wide open with ice only extending about 15 ft off of shore. Wasserman was a about a quarter to a half iced over. The areas to your left and right were both iced over but there is a giant area of open water in the middle that extended about 50yds from the access. I didnt venture out much but there were a few holes drilled out about 20yds. Steiger was open also with the bay to your right of the landing all froze over. From the road you could see ice forming around the shore and bays but the main lake is all open water. A buddy told me today that lotus, susan and ann were all still open also. Be careful if you venture out, especially once the snow starts falling!

thats funny i was just at bavaria this morning and there is zero open water.

Wow, we must be making ice fast because when i drove past there at 3:00 yesterday the wind was blowing right down the lake and you could have launched a boat there if you wanted to.