Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigglestick

Long time Deer River resident and resort owner passes away

3 posts in this topic

Long time Deer River resident and owner of Cedarwild Resort,Al Peterson passed away this morning.

I don't know alot of the history, like how long Al and his late wife ran the resort on Moose lake, but I am thinking it was near fifty years or better.

Al had formed a alumni of young area residents who were over the many years is dock hands and grounds keepers at the resort.

my son Dan worked for him the last two seasons Al was at the resort.

ocasionaly he runs into someone whos says, "hey I used to work for Al, thirty years ago."

nothing lasts for ever. it's sad to see a part of the area history slip away.

Al will be missed by many.

I'm sad to hear that. When I was growing up, I would deliver minnows with my Dad, and would always look forward to visiting with Al. By far one of our favorite customers. He had a female black lab named Jet, that was always ready to play fetch. This is really bringing back some memories. He will definitely be missed by many.

I'm sad for all of us that Al is gone but happy for him and Kate that they are together again. We vacationed there for nearly 30 years - until our family grew so much that we needed a bigger cabin than Cedarwild could offer. (At nearly 30 years, we were actually short timers.) Each year we were there it was like seeing cousins that you only got to see once per year - virtually all repeat business. Al was one of the kindest, most patient men I've ever known. Our family treasurers the time we spent there. The Petersons certainly put their mark on many families.