• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hunting today?

Cooter

With this 100% chance of snow tomorrow I'd bet a few deer might be active tonight....I can't make it and was planning on tomorrow afternoon, but the call for snow and wind doens't sound good for man or beast.

Hopefully they are moving in the A.M....maybe I can get after them in the morning before they bed down in the snow

Its been a long week and I'm just not gonna get up early tomorrow smirk.gif See how the snow goes and play it by ear.

I can't make it out tonight but I shot a decent 8pt

(17'' wide) last night with the smokepole. Not bad for a wildlife management area! I put a good shot on him at about 70 yards and he only went about 35 yards then tipped over. The new hornady sst bullets work great! I will try to get pics on later. Good luck to those still chasing the big one!

I thought the same thing cooter but I went out and only saw three does probably 2/3 to 3/4 mile away from me. I was really expecting better tonight, not even the pheasants were moving...

I went out with the muzzleloader this morning and man was it cold! Quite a few deer were moving around all day and I was able to put a nice doe in the freezer. It'll be fun to get out in the snow this weekend, but I haven't stepped foot on any ice yet this year. Decisions, desisions..... grin.gif