Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Cass Lake Area

19 posts in this topic

Anyone going to be up in the Cass Lake Area from Dec 26th threw Dec 30. I am going to be coming up for a spearing trip, so if you around, let me know and we can hang out.

I will be around Bass. Not spearing though.

grin.gif

we should meet up buddy

Usually up at the cabin on Cass during that timeframe... We should hook up and see if we can't throw a spear or two together.

Good Luck!

Ken

I'm not too far from there, and always ready for a day or 3 of spearing. Let me know when.

if you all are going to be up there, shoot me a email so we can get together one night.

I am a college student that lives on lake Andrusia and rent a cabin from Joes Lodge Resort. My roommates and I are heading out spearing tomorrow. Sorry but we will be gone when you are coming up. This is our chirstmas break and I will be in Grand Rapids Spearing. You can stay touch with me for ice conditions and how spearing has been on Andrusia and local lakes.

that awesome. Let me know how it all goes. Email me if you like

Last thursday, My roommate and I first went to a little lake called Silver and last years clear water was muddy from the lake turning over. So we moved to a private little lake and there we found Gin clear water. both lakes had 6 inches of ice and 1/4" of water came up the hole. We had two nice 8 pounders completely smash our decoy then bolt before the spear was in the water.

ah yes, silver, that is a fun lake to fish on.. i have lived on that lake and have family friend who live there right now

i have heard that alot of the lakes in this area are dirty?

Is this true?

Dirty? lmao I thought the way you post that you knew something about this area. The lakes up here are generaly clear and clean. Quite a few have clarity of over 30 feet. Some shallower lakes are stained but not dirty. When you say dirty water, thats what many of, but certainly not all of the lakes down in southern MN are.

you have to understand, i have been talking to alot of people in the cass area, and there saying that alot of the lakes that are usally clear, are not.

Last year right after Christmas was on some lake around the Cass area and they were dirty!!! It was because of the lake ice I think!! smile.gif

OK I understand. Most lakes are pretty clear however.

Hope you guys have snowmobiles, the lakes were already a mess up here and now we got a couple on inches of new snow last night and are supposed to get a couple more. If it doesn't get real cold, it will be a slushy mess. You might also get some water up the hole on some of the lakes. We have even been getting the 4 wheeler stuck quite a bit and I certainly don't suggest full size trucks, maybe on some of teh lakes but, I wouldn't yet... My permanent is still sitting in the driveway...

Thanks for the Report 10,000 Casts. After reading that im hopping it does get cold fasted!!! We are planning on bring 3 wheelers shocked.gif

Yes most lakes are clear but you know they can change fast with ice and etc. Last year, it was clear most of the year.

ya thanks guys, we will be up there in a few days. Should be a great time on the hard water.