Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jig-em

Dining

11 posts in this topic

We are staying out on the ice for a few days in January, but the first night we're in the area, we'd like to dine somewhere. Which resort(s)or restaurants have good food. Price is really not a factor if the dining is decent.

jig-em

were abouts are you staying?

Honestly that can be about like playing russian roulette up here, I think you'll get inconsistant replies on this question.

I think the one place that comes to mind that i have thought of as having the most consistantly possitive feedback for would be "Rosalie's" on west side of baudette.

never heard anything bad about Rosalie's

Most likely we'll be near Zippel.

Head over to Arnesen's. Best food in the area. Anything from burgers to Prime Rib.

i seccond that on arnesens but also ballards have a good menu and ken-mar-kee taco bar is good or shoot over to the hawk in roosevelt. their p.r. sandwhich is hard to beat. I think arnesens has a p.r. sand also.

I was at Arneson's two years ago and the food was VERY good. Perfect prime rib etc. etc. etc. If they still have the same chief I would highly recomend. In fact if you eat there I would really like a report as I will be going up this year an need to make plans soon.

When ever I bring my wife up we always eat at Rosalie's. When I bring my brothers and dad up we always eat at The Ranch House. When we were up this Summer we were told Rosalie's had been sold and The Ranch House was for sale.

My wife's a manager at a steak house near White Bear Lake, she's never complained about the food at Rosalie's, both before or after the new ownership. We've heard a few people say bad things about the place since the new owners took over but we also heard people say bad things about Bellesio's in Duluth but we like it when we go.

One of my favorite fishing trips with my wife was a couple years ago at Rosalie's. From time to time I crave crab legs and low and behold they had them and all three pounds were great!

From what I hear, and what we experienced after the sale of Rosalies, it's not what it used to be. Looks like we've got some alternatives though.

Thanks!

ANy more are appreciated.

That Ken-Mark-Ke Taco Bar is something else!!

Isn't that on Thurs nights?

still the same chef at Arnesen's. No worries. mmm King Cut Prime Rib

Im a fan of the KMK Taco Night aswell. I believe its on Friday nights.