Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dilleyo

ICE REPORT

1 post in this topic

Drove by Johanna on my way home today and the geese out there are keeping it open. For the past 3 days I have been going by Long Lake in NB and there was still open water as of this morning, but it looked as if it was on the verge of switching over to ice. Drove by Owasso last night and it looked sealed up, but that was in the dark and I didn't stop to look any closer for thickness. Heading up north for ice this weekend, but next weekend I would guess it will be fishable and packed on a lot of metro lakes. Soon enough we'll have fishable ice, so everyone be careful and be smart!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• icepike 1
      Lake Marion is completely iced over. Hopefully we won't get much snow and be fishing soon.
    • popriveter
      Silver lake in New Brighton is iced over. I'm going to count one week before checking thickness on my early ice spots. Could be fishing next Friday if all goes well.  
    • fishingstar
      Hey eyes one thing nice is you have reveres to help clean out your holes
    • Spearing Machine
      Thanks Cliff! I've been very closely monitoring Pike Bay the last few weeks I'm not far from you as the crow flies right on the bay. Still sitting at 4-5 inches of ALL refroze slush. No good ice. It's flooding over pretty good with 1-3 inches water with the couple inches snow still on top. Hopefully the cold penetrates that snow and gets things going so I can run the sled right up the bay to McKinley by next weekend.
    • Stick in Mud
      The ice on the small pond on the west side of the road heading into SJU was able to hold my weight (which is substantial, alas).  I didn't have a chisel, and I wasn't about to go any further out.  Still, very good sign.  I'm sure there'll be guys out by the end of the weekend, if not sooner.