Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeWarrior

LX-5 battery

6 posts in this topic

I was an (Contact Us Please) and didn't disconnect the digital charger from the battery after last season. Now I think the battery is shot. I'm sure I could order one from Marcum, but I believe the local L&M Supply has a similar, if not same battery. My question is this: How do I get the charger off of the old battery and onto the new? By looking at it, it looks like it's been fastened to the battery by a velcro looking material, but it will not come off. When I tried to force it, it wouldn't budge and made a sound like I was cracking it so I stopped. Any ideas?

My lx3 charger just had double faced tape on it. I would use a puddy knife and scrape it off. I reattached it with velcro.

Quote:

My lx3 charger just had double faced tape on it. I would use a puddy knife and scrape it off. I reattached it with velcro.

I did the same with my LX-3's.

Cliff

thanks guys. that's what i'll do. also, i didn't know that idi.t was such a bad word, but it must be to get nixed.

Don't feel bad, I left the DCS on my battery last summer too and ruined a good battery. You can get these 12V, 7A-h batteries in quite a few different stores such as Fleet Farm, Gander, Scheels, etc. They sometimes come with a charger that you can disregard and use your Marcum charger again, but they should still be under $20.

LOL I have this exact thread running in the Ice fishing forum. It is glued to the top of the battery with some kind of epoxy glue. Fleet farm sells the exact battery that was in mine made by genesis. I got the 7 amp for 18 bucks and they wanted 34 for the 9 amp one. It was recommended to me to use a razor and cut it off. A Chisel with a hammer works better. Just tap light and make sure the chisel is sharp.