Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anchor man

Sleeper House Rental?

7 posts in this topic

I haven't done much ice fishing on Kab, or the in that area..but we're looking to have a group of 4-6 guys head further north than the usual Mille Lacs trip. Are there places that rent sleeper houses on Kab or Rainy? Or is it usually fish during the day and sleep at the resort at night up there?

Thanks

Anchorman, as for ice fishing on Kab, most folks stay at a resort during the evening, no sleeper house set ups on Kab that would be comfy.

Rainy Lake most likly would have some sleepers, I suggest you go to the Rainy Lake thread, and you can link right to Woodys Resort, he will fix you up I'm sure.

good luck guts

Do the resorts in the area maintain plowed roads on the lakes? We sure would like to try fishing in the area but the only form of transportation is an 4x4 F150. Any recomendations would be appreciated!

Bobberboy, roads are plowed and maintained on Rainy Lake, Kab has no plowed roads, some years truck access is great, other years to much snow and or slush.

guts

Thanks! Any recommendations on resorts on Rainy?

Bobberboy, go to the Rainy Lake thread, hit on the Woodys link, pose the question to him, he would have the best info for you. good luck, guts

Thanks

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      lol I posted that Friday but with no service it must went when I ran into town for new hose
    • monstermoose78
      I was up over the weekend to do cabin duties. I did get laker trout at cascade river Friday mornings it was 17 inches but made for great trout and eggs breakfast. Agree with maple bacon longjohn and Chet's doughnut. Also a must stop for me is trail center for lunch the 3 Cheese grilled cheese is amazing with a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. Just look at this lunch
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Lindy rig with 1/2 crawler! 15' to 19' depth. Cliff
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I second Crooked Lake. Super clear water too. I kayaked in there recently and was amazed at how many sunnies are in there. First calm wind day I get I'm gonna get the yak in there and bring my flyrod. 
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I woke up early Saturday tired and letting all the excuses in my head convince me to go back to bed. Cold front, high winds, clear skies. Screw it, I'm going anyway!   Glad I did. The wind was rough for yak fishing but I found them stacked right off a weedline and caught 7 bass within an hour on a stretch less than 75 yds.    Ended the day with the pig of a bass pictured and a nice Pike for dinner. Once the sun came out and warmed up the water I got action on the flats. That's where the big bass and pike came from. 8 bass total, one nice pike, a few short strikes on the flats. Wind sucked and what the heck is up with needing a sweater on the first weeked of Summer?!?! I'm not in the South anymore haha.
    • Cret Jigs
      This bass likes 50F weather and a Senkos 
    • osok
      Despite the occasional rain shower and relentless wind, had a great day on Fish Lake. Decent sized pan fish,  several out of slot, and 3 "eaters"  Walleyes were caught . The kids and wife all caught fish at a pace that kept me busy baiting, netting..(repeat) for a few hours. Not only was I fueling the addiction, but gaining points for future fishing trips. The only low point was when we went "Island exploring", someone was either in a hurry or just completely selfish and left their campsite garbage strewn to the point that it filled a 13 gal garbage bag.  
    • curt quesnell
    • fishingstar
      I use a big zip tie that will slide on and off.
    • OhioVike
      Nice catch Cliff. Were you rigging or bobbering?