Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dilleyo

ANY FISHABLE ICE?

3 posts in this topic

I'm heading up to the area this weekend and have some free time to try to fish. Are there any lakes in the area that have enough ice to fish on, or should I just leave the equipment behind? Thanks in advance.

I was in the Hackensack area last weekend and the 200 acre lake we are on was completely froze over. I know the bigger lakes were still wide open then, but I would think if you try a smaller lakes it would be worth checking some ice depths. I have seen people on North Long and tonight a couple of groups were venturing onto Round. Definitely been cold enough to make ice if its sealed up.

Thanks Rockyhook, I was thinking about a certain lake and didn't want to give out too much info as I heard it got hit pretty hard last year, but was wondering how the ice was on the lakes around the area. It is a pretty small lake, but deep, and a friend hit it up last winter and did good and figured if the lakes around it were good enough to walk on, this one would be OK. I figured with the temps lately that most of the lakes around the area would be walkable (with a spudbar) and at least worth bringing the gear up. Maybe I will se some of you out there, I've got a blue older 1man clam (now called the scout), if you see me, stop in and say hi.