• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

yeah i no i heard about that and last year some tried to drive out on early ice and went down .....

Some of them people that park on the ice don't realize alot of things. One of them from last year or the year before thought that a 1 ton diesel truck would be alright parked next to some other vehicles on the ice! confused.gif

Was out by tip of Cigar today..10 crappies all around 9"..Ice was 11", top 2" frozen slush. (I was pretty close to shore though, I'm sure its not that thick further out) 26fow..8fotb..tiny minnows on red glow fatboys. Fished 2-6pm.

Ron

i wonder if rush is gonna be a zoo out there this weekend with this warm weather we are getting here

i was right there with you did you happend to see a eskimo three seater with a green artic cat snowmobile out there any where by any chance?

i wasnt really paying a whole lot attention but we did ok like 20 crappies in about a hour time span so not that bad what about yourself?

the last i heard was that in fornt of flickabirds in the narrows they were plowing roads on saturday with i think 11 inch

looking to cross the the west bank from the North access on East Rush, plenty of ice to sled to the point near the north/west of East? Will post a report if I go.

If the vehicles were parked close to land they probly would not have a problem, it is the others who follow and park way out there that will have a problem. Just like 2 years ago, I am sure everybody remebers that. I have been guilty a time or two of parking on the ice too early but I make sure that 2 wheels are parked on land. I would never do what I saw last thursday and park a Blazer 200 yards out from the access, that is nutz. That is west Rush access.

o yeah i rememebr that a couple of years when that truck went in right in front of the access

If I remember right, it was truck"s", and a wheel house. The shoreline looked like a Wal Mart parking lot.

I was up north {Low} And they wern't letting truck out there so I wouldn't drive anything on rush but a wheeler or sled I did see 4" of ice bye the park thursday

i went today and infront of cigar there was about 10 inchs and on the point of cigar their was about 9 inch

I WAS PLANNING ON COMING UP THIS WEEKEND JUST WONDERING IF THERE ARE ALOT OF PATHS ON THE ICE. I WANT TO BRING 4WHEELER BUT NOT SURE IF TO MUCH SNOW TO GET AROUND OR I SHOULD BEABLE TAKE PATHS PRETTY MUCH ANYWHERE I WANT TO GO?

Should be good for a 4-wheeler, just don't go between narrows or islands on west. Was just out on East, and fished the northwest point, comming from the North access on the east side. About 10 inches, but the pathes where going along shore towards the North, then cutting accross to the west shore, and then back south to the point. the sled went fine, but some serious slush spots then (12/21).

thanks fishsystem. i went and pick up some chains so shouldnt have any problemsgoing off the path

C/P from RPS

12-29-07Several fender benders up at the West Access today, road down is very slippery, people sliding out, or just plain not making it back up to the main road. Sheriff was sending someone out to sand it. 6" to 12" of ice. but rotten slush on top. Many getting stuck on 4 wheelers. Crappies deep, 30-40 feet. Walleye morning and evening at about 20' . Demons in red for walleye, rattle jigs..anything red ..Glo jigs red and green for crappies. East lake, sunnies on waxies. Be careful out there!

just went out yesturday eve. Sheriff was on the road outside the west access. Many people parking on the road, he was going to tow them if they did not move out soon so dont park outside the access. we fished south of cigar in 25fow. caught a limit but weeded thru alot of chippers. was curious about going down to the south end. looked like therewas little traffic there. Good luck all!! PS anyone nabbing eyes out there?

Had the weirdest 5 min. of ice fishing of my life last night on rush... Had a 65 yr. old man at about 11:00 come and start circling me and my buddies portables on his snowmobiles so were wondering what the deal is so we walk outside of our houses and start trying to yell at this guy to see what the deal was and he just continued on circling us about another 8 times and one time he started driving directly at me like he was going to hit me(really wierd) finally my buddy runs at him a little bit and this guy guns it hitting a chunk of ice and sending this guy of his sled so we ran up to him anyway were asking this guy then what his problem was what he was doing, he says he was just takin it easy, and that hes done some stupid things in his life, anyway just thought i would warn some of this guy and share my intresting fish story with you all. Be safe out there!

East or West, and what area??? I thought you were going to say, after he circled, you caught a ton!!! grin.gif

The other day ice fishing with my cousin he told me a similiar story, here goes.

While ice fishing a guy pulls up with a brand new sled on a trailer. After getting out of the truck he sits back and admires his new toy and finally decides it's time to try it out. After buzzing around my cousins party for a little while there nerves start to boil. They think to themselves, there's all this lake here why's he hanging around us? All of the sudden they look out and as they do he lost control and flipped his brand new sled! Plastic parts from his brand new sled went flying in every direction. It was a tough break for the guy with the new sled but after it happened it was put back on top of the trailer and the "problem" went away.