Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinalot

Favorite Fishing Lakes around Chanhassen

11 posts in this topic

A good friend of mine recently moved near Chanhassen and would like to know a few of the better lakes around that area. He fishes mainly panfish and northerns.

I've heard that Minnewashta is dynamite for northerns with some pannies too. That would probably be a good lake to check out. If you go just west of Chan to the park preserve by Victoria, theres several lakes with pannies and pike.

dont forget your park permit, they will tag your truck.

Lotus can be an excellent lake, summer and winter.....Riley can also be good. As someone else stated, just west on 5 is Stieger, Zumbra, Parley, Minnewashta, Waconia, Pearson just south of Victoria...........Many great little lakes in the area.........or there is always Minnetonka!

yeah, that is a good point about minnetonka, i live right by there and never go fishing on tonka!??! i guess i dont know where to start!

Tonka is an amazing fishery, considering all the traffic etc. Best to go early or late in the day, but just about anywhere you can catch fish, Sunnies, Crappy, Bass - Small and Large mouth, Pike, Wally's, Muskies, Carp, Bowfin..........it's got it all.........

whaletail is always decent, but a long walk from the landing.

Another excellent lake, not what it used to be 10 years ago, but most are surprised at what you can catch on Whaletail and where on that lake......Bass, Northerns, Crappie..............

Quote:

dont forget your park permit, they will tag your truck.

To which lake are you referring?

Minnetonka, inside Hennepin Co. Parks.

minnewashta