• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

wagonga

had the boat out on green this morning. 2 15"ers. had the clam out on wagonga off the north access this evening. 1 16" er. go get 'em people and good luck!! solid, clear, beautiful ice!

Is the east end of wagonga froze up?? Would like to get out there Saturday! How thick was the ice where you were?

would love to get out somewhere this weekend... wagonga always seems good early..(as long as you can fight off the bullies) anyone know the thickness of wagonga.....Solid entirely?

what about elizabeth or norway?

Still planning on going to wagonga Saturday...Does anyone know if it is completley froze..or if anyone is fishing the SE side??? any help would be great!

lindy --there was open water west of the north access this evening. it was froze over there yesterday. there were a couple vehicles and a couple people fishing out of the s.e. access this evening.

Stopped by the southeast access at Wagonga last night (11/29) after work to check on the ice. We could see three portables set up and spread out across that side of the lake. Poked a couple of little holes through with the chisel and the ice averaged about 5 inches thick. Spent most of the time over the flat between the two points on the south side, and didn't get more than 150 yards from shore or so.

My coworker and I are going to get a few lines wet tonight after work. Any reports of any luck? Pannies? Pike? 'Eyes?

crappy

Went to Wagonga last night, but due to delays getting away from work, got a late start. In our efforts to get set up before dark (first time setting up on the ice this year), we were without live bait (a mistake). Left only with powerbait, it was a little frustrating to see the marks on my buddy's Vex obviously see our offerings, come check them out, and say "Nah, I think I will pass on that rubber junk."

We fished around the southeastern access, and didn't drill a hole that wasn't in better than 5 inches of ice. We did hear the butt-puckering cracking type of sound at one point while my buddy was drilling a hole though, so as solid as it is, keep careful.

The highlight of the evening came as we were getting ready to pack up and had a conversation with a fine young man outside of his portable. He poked his head in his house and said "My bobber is gone" and proceeded to bring up a nice looking 15-16 inch, FAT walleye.

Anyone else having any luck?

"we were without live bait (a mistake)" hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I said rearlier on a post, don't forget live bait with all your fishing gear............hee..........heee grin.gif

Just had to point that one again..........Be safe on the Ice guys.........

I suppose 4-wheelers should be good by this friday. Going to give it a try, and try one of our new products for this year.

Taking J's advice this time, went to Wagonga last night; probably with enough minnows and waxies to start my own bait shop.

The fatheads did their job. Fished the middle of the lake just about straight north of the southeastern launch in about 7.5 ft of water (~8 inches of ice). I caught 5, tossed some back, and my buddy got three to the hole and practiced some unanticipated catch and release.

Other than one 7-8 incher, the rest were all in the 14-18 inch range.

Geez, do you want the guy to drill your holes and bait your hook too? Thats why its called fishing....not setting up on top of someone elses spot!

ps- coordinates wouldnt do you no good out there anyways... just set up and fish anywhere, theres really no special spot.

WOW...., easy there little Jim

Normally the guides set you on fish, drill holes and get bait for you etc. You know of any good guide around...hee.......hee grin.gif (JK)

Quote:

I hope he was just kidding...

indeed I was cool.gif

That was the only thing lacking in the guy's description, just thought it natural to ask.

Remember that for every guy posting there are 100 lurking

exactly. giving some basic info is one thing. Walking the person to the exact spot is another! Good luck all.

Point(s) taken.

Another good trip to Wagonga last night. Lots of folks on the lake. Fished through 8" of ice, and it was the first night the water sat distinguishably below the top of the hole. Even so, some of the cracking noises weren't of the "I'm making ice now" type. Didn't see as many marks as on Monday, but still ended up getting three 'eyes up to the house. Two released (7", 13") and one kept that had a small growth on its side around the ribcage (19").

The 'bite', limited as it was finally started to pick up WAY too late. Didn't get off the ice until after 9:45-ish. Stayed warm enough, but boy howdy the wind picked up and the temps dropped around that time.

Are the growths I have seen on a few fish taken out of W. pretty common? They have been present on a few of the fish I have seen.

Then again, maybe I just have a knack for catching the sickly, stupid ones.

CF

went back there again last night and the bite was hot from 4 to 5. we were near the crowd but off by our selves in 5 feet of water. caught several small eyes and a few nice keepers. released them all. just can't quite stomach the thought of what drains into that lake. confused.gif

Ya I hear ya 2090! Wonder bout crappiefisher and his sickly weird growth fish? smirk.gifUMMM nice firm eye fillets blush.gif

Quote:

I'm surprised that there were alot of folks out there.

I'm not

Quote:

just can't quite stomach the thought of what drains into that lake.
confused.gif

I think its only a problem if you're pregnant!! smile.gifsmile.gif

I went out there fishing last night, went right from work, was set up in 7 foot of water by 3:30, by 3:45 I had a nice 16 1/2 incher in the bucket, missed another one with the other pole, was thinking oh boy this could be good, but after that I only caught about four cigar sized ones.

Would like to make it out again this weekend but have family stuff on Sat, plus I want to get out after the roosters a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been having any luck out here lately? I was out tuesday and caught 5 eyes in about 6.5 ft of water.I had good luck from about 2-3:30 and then it got slow.I fished till about 8:00 and caught 3 cigars and a large mouth bass after 3:30.I have only fished this lake twice,Do you guys eat the fish out of this lake? Whats up with the black water?