• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

gorilla tree stand

lesterl

anyone have a gorilla greyback tree stand and do you like it? I hava e summit but it does not have a bar in front and it scares me to move around. I have an amacker and it has a bar in front of me and I like it better but it is not as easy to set up or as comfortable as the summit. It is also rough on trees.

I haven't used any of these stands, but summit does make stands that have a shooting rail if it makes you more comfortable. The greyback looks okay, but I think that the Summit climbers are better than them.

I have a gray back and love it!! cheap and feels safe..I'd buy another one if I had to....

I agree with sportfish, feel safe and it's comfortable. The bar makes it easier to climb too.

I bought a greyback and tried it out a few times, didn't like it - I ended up bringing it back and getting a summit viper and it's way better than the greyback, and has the bar so you can 'sit and climb' and feel safer. very comfortable and lightweight stand, lighter than the greyback at only 20lbs.

Edit: Also, the cable attachment to the climber is much better, and safer on the summit. The greyback just has pins that keep the cable from slipping out (and you falling to the ground). If you aren't careful, these pins can easily be dislodged and out pops your cable and you are no longer connected to the tree. I almost had this happed as I looked down and noticed I had gripped against the pin as I was climbing and popped off the pathetic locking mechanism they have (which is just a spring) and the pin was just about popped out.

I have one and really like it. Light and easy to set up... VERY comfy to sit in all day long. Very little squeking and creaking as well. I see what some have said about the cable attachment mechanism, but I have not had any problems. Just be careful and double check to make sure they are ok and WEAR A SAFETY HARNESS - FULL BODY!!!