• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DIY Pheasant Mount

Jeremiah Johnson

I kept a pheasant from my SD trip last weekend that is in good shape for a mount. I'm going to try van dyke's flying pheasant mount for the $17. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and had any tricks, or valuable info b4 i start.

I use the Danny Owens Video in class. Excellent tape. Dont bother buying a kit not needed..

You can get the Flying mount tape at VanDykes order a Danny Owens body and a pair of good tri color eyes when you get the tape.they have it all on their website. Watch the tape then you will see most of the remaining materials you will either have at home or at the local hardware..20 mule team borax is all you will need for preservative.

I emphasize the need for picture refference in my class I would advise it when you put the mount together.. Replication not interpretation is how you will get balance into your mount.. Drop me a email if you have any further question or C'mon over to Ely and take the bird course at VCC...

I had one mounted last year and the guy doing it told me to put it in a empty bread bag. This bird had a long tail, around 22.5 inches depending on how you measured and long spurs.