Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rost

Why no waterfowl zones in MN???

5 posts in this topic

Why are there no zones in MN for waterfowl? Minnesota spans about 400 miles from North to South!!!!

Does anyone know why they lump the entire state together?

We have been asking that question for years. Would you expect anything less from the MN DNR??

There are all kinds of zones in MN for waterfowl.

Metro Zone, Lac Qui Parle, Southeast, Thief, Swan Lake, etc...

Not exactly sure what the question is.

Those are zones for geese. I think he means for ducks. Many states have multiple zones and seasons for those zones kind of like deer hunting. For example, WI has a north and south zone. The north zone starts earlier and ends earlier than the south zone due to the mirgation patterns giving hunters a more even chance at seeing the migration.

Well:

We can't agree or compromise on limits

People still shoot swans

Find five people that could agree on where the split would be...

The DNR would likely be sued to provide an EIS

If they charged twice for license and limits Schara and Anderson would blast them for taking duck hunting out of the reach of the 'average' waterfowler and kids

Schara apparently doesn't like complexity in regulations, why make him mad

If Winnie doesn't freeze before the South's season ends the North would be accused of short-stopping

and.....

It took us 30 years to switch from noon to 9:00 am on opener, we've got time!