Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunderson21

walking out

14 posts in this topic

I have fished the rocky reef areas for many years now and heard of the walkon areas. Are there any other walkable areas on the southern shore that are good for walleyes and perch for early ice? I do have a lake master chip and enjoy it but looking for other areas to try. thanks

There are some early walkable area's near Isle as well. Some decent rock structure in the SE corner. That chip will show these pretty well. Bill

Speaking of walking out, any chance Isle or Cove would be walkable by Saturday? Usually head up there early to shake out the equipment, but understand recent wind my make it take a while.

Lots of good fishing structure out of Lybacks on the south east end of the lake within walking distance.

I know we all can't wait to get out on the ice, but WAIT A LITTLE LONGER!!! BE SAVE. Someone already went through the ice on the Coon Lake Channel .

yeah but that due to the stupid thinking of the anoka county sheriff department thinking that there was a dog they needed to save.

Quote:

yeah but that due to the stupid thinking of the anoka county sheriff department thinking that there was a dog they needed to save.

Actually, I would say it was stupid thinking of the person who went out on the ice. Obviously he wasn't thinking that the ice is too thin and could break if there was a wave or two.

He needs to take responsibility for his own actions instead of blaming the sheriff for driving a boat on the water.

confused.gif

According to an email that I received from Lundeen's, Cove Bay has 4.5-6 inches of ice on it right now.

How about the areas around Eddy's? Anyone think it will be walkable by Monday?

If this keeps up, we should be in good shape for next week. Hopefully we won't get the 6"-12" of snow over the weekend.

If its this cold when it snows it will atleast be "fluffy"lighter snow.It blows off the ice fairly easy.c63

I called the following resorts and this is what they told me:

Lybacks (South Side)- They said Isle Bay broke up last night. Doesn't look good there. In front of there place after a 1/3 of mile there was open water.

Lundeens (Southwest)- They said Cove Bay had 4"- 6" with people walking out. They also said Garrison was wide open.

Rocky Reef (Southwest)- Skim Ice. No chance of walking out.

Barnavelds (North Side)- "No Way in he*l*l I would walk out."

Fishermans Wharf (East Side)- Skim Ice as far as they can see. No chance of walking.

I also tried calling Agate Bay, Red Door, Fishers, Macs Twin Bay, Hunters Point, Barnacle Bills and got no answer.

With this snow we are suppose to get I would wait awhile boys.

Thanks Tannen for doing some leg work. Love that character. Old or young Biff.

If you have the itch to go, stick to a smaller lake north of Mille Lacs. Things will get interesting if we get all that snow. At least the snow won't hurt the big lakes from making good ice later in December (since they aren't froze over yet).

I was just on Lybacks website and by the sounds of it from Eddy there is going to be enough ice to walk out on this weekend