Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
larsonfarms

Fishing on Lake Sarah last night

21 posts in this topic

I'm not sure that I was the first one to ice fish on Lake Sarah this year, but I'm sure I had the first portable on the lake. Myself and my brother went out about 4pm yesterday stayed until 9pm 2 bites no fish, but we were ice fishing!!! grin.gif

Good to hear, how was the ice and how far out were you fishing.

Also, welcome to FishingMinnesota.com this is a great place to get information and find out about great products and tactics for the outdoors. Keep us updated on your adventures and watch for ours!

Ok, I'm jealous. I haven't drilled hole for fishing yet.

Welcome to FM. Keep us posted for ice conditions and how you did on the ice.

I saw someone on Lake Sarah last nite, 100 yards from shore on the east side of the lake. Looks like open water in the middle of the lake today.

Yes the middle of the lake was open as of 4pm the 28th. I was on the west side of the lake yesterday about 200 yards from shore. I caught 1 perch, missed one because I was on the phone, and seen a few on the cam. I didnt get to far out. One reason was it was so windy I didnt feel like getting blew into the open water and the second is because the ice looks a bit freaky as you get out on the lake. But I was on 4" and I'm sure today we will have more!!

If pheasant hunting wasn't on my mind so much right now i would be out fishing. It's just tuff to get in the mood when we have snow falling and 1 good month of hunting to go yet. The rods and auger will be ready by the end of the weekend though. laugh.gif

I've Been out to sarah a couple of times this year already haven't caught much. Mostly been out in the morning. I've been informed that not much of a day bite, but some people have been catching a few at night. How is everyone else doing?

Hi Fishsleeper. Welcome to FM!!

I have not yet fished Sarah this winter, but plan on putting my big house out this weekend and spending at least one night. I'll post how it went.

Take at peek at the Sarah Saturday get together in January. C'mon out!!!!

Welcome!

We've done alright on Sarah, for the most part we've caught all of our fish at evening into the night.

hows the ice up on sarah might have to give it a try on sat night

Skinny and the rest of yous guys, I'm planning on putting my house on Sarah either Friday or Saturday. Blue house with white trim. Maroon 87 chev truck (left on shore) and a Yamaha wheeler.

C'mon by for a frosty one.

The ice was anywhere from 8-10 inches although there is some thin ice out in the middle from geese.

good to know about the goose hole. Thanks for the info.

I was out on Sarah yesterday and ice was 11 and a half inches where i was at. water was clear at 8 feet and watched the perch swim around the holes all day.

Hi Beansqueezer, welcome to FM!!!

Which landing did you go on the lake from?

i came on the new north landing there seemed pretty good there. hopefully i will make it up there mid next week again.

Your not kidding about the water...i also watched a small walleye take my bait

Again, this past weekend i was out on sarah on saturday and didn't see much fish.. Only saw a couple on the vexlar.. Just wondering if anyone has had much luck latley where at anything would help. Moved 4 times coudln't find them..

I know a guy that caught a 30" 11 3/4 lbs this last weekend out there!

He should have bought a lottery ticket too! haha

goin to sarah this weekend for the 1st time on the ice, whats a good spot to try out for the afternoon. would like to get a few perch, a walleye would be a bonus....any help is appreciated! thanks