Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrStizo

for those of you who havent put the boat away

4 posts in this topic

all i have to say is WOOOOWWWWW. I love the river as the snow and cold come, no boats and nothing but bald eagles and hogs. The mr heater kept us warm and the fishing, well you wouldnt believe me if i told you. One last trip for me, maybe this wknd. So many folks flock up there in sept. if only they knew

Yoe Doc....You may wanna take a look at Sportsmans webcam, rivers iced over. Clementson resort is reporting ice there as well on the river. I was out in the kick boat Sunday for the last trip of the fall season, the brrrr cold came thru that nite. With this weather I'd say it's pretty much done man and I'll be taking my first cautious steps out onto the hardwater in the next coupla 3 days or so!

So if you're coming this weekend you'd better bring the ice gear eh!

fiskyknut

wow thats quick, we were up Fri/sat, there was ice but nothing like early spring and had no real issue getting out. You might be right, might be time to go after the first ice monster pikes.

Sorry Dude,

The river siezed-up at 3:47 PM yesterday. Can't see it breaking back out unless they do something crazy with the flow (wouldn't be the first time).

Time to switch gears or gear anyway.

You may have something with that pike thing. Baudette Bay has been solid since the 18th and might just have some decent ice.