Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Eric Wettschreck

This weekend, 12-1-2007

Eric Wettschreck

Who's going fishing? Where ya going? What lake? Nosey dude, aint I?

Maybe a small informal gathering on a frozen lake is in order for the weekend???? What do yous guys think? I know I'm going fishing, I just don't know where.

lawdog

Its still hunting season Boiler. Some of us didn't get two cracks at a big ol buck yet this year!!! wink.gif

muc33

I unfortunately have to spend this saturday with a good friend who's wife passed way too early in life at the age of 33. Sunday, I am planning to head to St Paul to the ice show!!!! I can wait till Monday night or so to fish, I and my 225 tush want to make absolute sure that there is plenty of ice before go out.

Be safe boys!!!

123fish

Wouldn't be able to take the look on the dog's face if I left without her. Still roosters left that need to die.

PerchPounder

Wow! I am torn. Shoot roosters or get back on the ice for the third outing of the season? Im not sure if I can make my decision yet if there is ice on the IGL there will be no decision to make but if there isnt it will likely be to roosters in the morning and ice time in the afternoon assuming that we will be able to make it back out. It is important to be very careful of and know whats happening around you on the ice.

Another Cutsom Jigs and Spins afternoon

(The perch is just under 14")

11-28-2007-25.jpg

wally20

Would love to get out this weekend, but am on call this weekend for work frown.gif so I,m stuck in town. Will be ready for the next weekend. Good luck to all and report back.

PerchPounder

hey Boiler any new ideas for your first weekend? I might be interested in heading your way Saturday afternoon.

Eric Wettschreck

Dude, I think I'm staying right here in Avoca and fishing Lime Lake. Or, I'm going to head to sarah. My e-mail is in my profile. Drop me a line if you want to wet a line.

Dale08

Hey there guys, I see the talk is about sarah and fishing it this weekend. I got a good friend that has been fishing out there the last couple nites and has gotten some big perch out there.

Eric Wettschreck

Sarah has some very nice perch. First ice is a GOLDEN time to get them.

I may be stuck on Lime this weekend however. I borrowed a pal my truck for the weekend. Lime is walking distance, like a block.

Dale08

Yeah you got that right. we got a lake home on Sarah since 91 so i know that lake pretty good. Looks like you got a nice buck in the picture.

Eric Wettschreck

Thanks. This buck was shot about a mile or so south of Sarah!!! My very bestest friend grew up there and I hunt with him and his family around their old farm house.

Dale08

Thats cool. I got tons of relation over in that neck of the woods. Pretty much all the Gervais over there I am related to and my mon was a Gervais. So i do alot of pheasant hunting over there and alot and i do mean alot of fishing over there.

Eric Wettschreck

Hey there perchpounder, I may not be fishing Saturday. I need to wait and see what the weather turns into.

45 mph wind, rain, sleet, and snow doesn't sound all that fun on the lake.

larsonfarms

God Dale you have a big mouth!!

beaver11

thinking of heading to lake wilson for some perch action..anyone know of any ice conditions there or if anyone has been out there yet?

PerchPounder

Sounds like a little slice of paradise to me! I'm planning on making my first trip to the IGL area tomorrow morning there are a few reports of fish being caught but i'd rather be the one reporting so i'll be out somewhere. If I don't make it to the lake there are still plenty of roosters around so ill be out and about somewhere no matter what the weather is. Maybe sunday will be better?

Eric Wettschreck

3 am and I can't sleep. looking out the window I see my weather rock isn't buried under snow. I very well could be heading out today. Sunday also!! I'm going to try and find some crappies around my place. Hit me with an e-mail iffin you want to go drown a minnow.

PerchPounder

Is the rock burried yet? Im not too sure about tomorrow yet heading northward somewhere but can't decide where. Sarah seems a bit far for another exploratory mission. Got a report of a few walleyes coming out of West Graham among others and Talcot is traditionally a good first ice spot for me.

Eric Wettschreck

The rock is buried. I'll be pretty much the only guy on Lime Lake tomorrow. It's a total exploratory mission. I gotsa gut feeling the crappies will be hitting. Come on out.

PerchPounder

I can't say i've ever caught a crappie in Lime lake. We have in years past catch some nice perch. I may just have to take you up on your offer but not until my co-angler calls me and tells me his game plan.

PerchPounder

Got these and a few bonus bass this afternoon on a sleeper spot that everyone drives by but nobody ever fishes it

Not the best pic but here's how my afternoon went.

12-2-2007.jpg

muc33

that is just punishment showing gills like that. unfair, mean and down right spiteful. good job.

Eric Wettschreck

Nice fish.

Yeah, there are crappies in Lime Lake. I caught some yesterday. You really have to travel around and move to find them. I just got lucky yesterday.