Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Wettschreck

This weekend, 12-1-2007

24 posts in this topic

Who's going fishing? Where ya going? What lake? Nosey dude, aint I?

Maybe a small informal gathering on a frozen lake is in order for the weekend???? What do yous guys think? I know I'm going fishing, I just don't know where.

Its still hunting season Boiler. Some of us didn't get two cracks at a big ol buck yet this year!!! wink.gif

I unfortunately have to spend this saturday with a good friend who's wife passed way too early in life at the age of 33. Sunday, I am planning to head to St Paul to the ice show!!!! I can wait till Monday night or so to fish, I and my 225 tush want to make absolute sure that there is plenty of ice before go out.

Be safe boys!!!

Wouldn't be able to take the look on the dog's face if I left without her. Still roosters left that need to die.

Wow! I am torn. Shoot roosters or get back on the ice for the third outing of the season? Im not sure if I can make my decision yet if there is ice on the IGL there will be no decision to make but if there isnt it will likely be to roosters in the morning and ice time in the afternoon assuming that we will be able to make it back out. It is important to be very careful of and know whats happening around you on the ice.

Another Cutsom Jigs and Spins afternoon

(The perch is just under 14")

11-28-2007-25.jpg

Would love to get out this weekend, but am on call this weekend for work frown.gif so I,m stuck in town. Will be ready for the next weekend. Good luck to all and report back.

hey Boiler any new ideas for your first weekend? I might be interested in heading your way Saturday afternoon.

Dude, I think I'm staying right here in Avoca and fishing Lime Lake. Or, I'm going to head to sarah. My e-mail is in my profile. Drop me a line if you want to wet a line.

Hey there guys, I see the talk is about sarah and fishing it this weekend. I got a good friend that has been fishing out there the last couple nites and has gotten some big perch out there.

Sarah has some very nice perch. First ice is a GOLDEN time to get them.

I may be stuck on Lime this weekend however. I borrowed a pal my truck for the weekend. Lime is walking distance, like a block.

Yeah you got that right. we got a lake home on Sarah since 91 so i know that lake pretty good. Looks like you got a nice buck in the picture.

Thanks. This buck was shot about a mile or so south of Sarah!!! My very bestest friend grew up there and I hunt with him and his family around their old farm house.

Thats cool. I got tons of relation over in that neck of the woods. Pretty much all the Gervais over there I am related to and my mon was a Gervais. So i do alot of pheasant hunting over there and alot and i do mean alot of fishing over there.

Hey there perchpounder, I may not be fishing Saturday. I need to wait and see what the weather turns into.

45 mph wind, rain, sleet, and snow doesn't sound all that fun on the lake.

God Dale you have a big mouth!!

thinking of heading to lake wilson for some perch action..anyone know of any ice conditions there or if anyone has been out there yet?

Sounds like a little slice of paradise to me! I'm planning on making my first trip to the IGL area tomorrow morning there are a few reports of fish being caught but i'd rather be the one reporting so i'll be out somewhere. If I don't make it to the lake there are still plenty of roosters around so ill be out and about somewhere no matter what the weather is. Maybe sunday will be better?

3 am and I can't sleep. looking out the window I see my weather rock isn't buried under snow. I very well could be heading out today. Sunday also!! I'm going to try and find some crappies around my place. Hit me with an e-mail iffin you want to go drown a minnow.

Is the rock burried yet? Im not too sure about tomorrow yet heading northward somewhere but can't decide where. Sarah seems a bit far for another exploratory mission. Got a report of a few walleyes coming out of West Graham among others and Talcot is traditionally a good first ice spot for me.

The rock is buried. I'll be pretty much the only guy on Lime Lake tomorrow. It's a total exploratory mission. I gotsa gut feeling the crappies will be hitting. Come on out.

I can't say i've ever caught a crappie in Lime lake. We have in years past catch some nice perch. I may just have to take you up on your offer but not until my co-angler calls me and tells me his game plan.

Got these and a few bonus bass this afternoon on a sleeper spot that everyone drives by but nobody ever fishes it

Not the best pic but here's how my afternoon went.

12-2-2007.jpg

that is just punishment showing gills like that. unfair, mean and down right spiteful. good job.

Nice fish.

Yeah, there are crappies in Lime Lake. I caught some yesterday. You really have to travel around and move to find them. I just got lucky yesterday.