Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Andrusia Lake

22 posts in this topic

Well, its that time of year again, where the ice is starting to work its way onto the lake. Its crazy how it all works isnt it.

I was wondering if anyone has any reports from Andrusia this year. How the summer went for fishing. We are going to be coming up spearing in Dec again, so i was curios if there was any information out there.

Thanks all for the king words.

We were there in late Sept. Great fishing on Andrusia. Nothing huge, but a lot of consistency for eyes, especially during some tough times. Some great areas out there that I wish I could come back and icefish.

it is a great area, we have been there for many years in the wintertime, stay at the resort on the lake. It is awesome fishing up there in the wintertime.

Would you mind sharing where you had good luck for eyes? smile.gif

Fish 14-18 feet and fish like you would on any other lake for walleye in the winter and you'll do just fine. Not spectacular by any means but you'll catch fish.

Good Luck laugh.gif

There is a reef out from where the river flows "into" Andrusia. Tops out at about 4 to 5, drops off into 40 on one side and 30 on the other. There are numerous twists and turns of the reef, hence the spot on the spot theory. Email me and I will give you precise directions there if you would like. That goes for anyone else. I'm all for sharing grin.gif

Yes thats the point off of Joe's lodge I'm guessing.....I was going to college at BSU and was a resident of Joe's Lodge for the winter. I went fishing many days on andrusia last winter and this is a productive spot....but I found that fishing in that 14-18 foot depth does just as good as any on the lake needless of structure....although the reef could be better for early ice

Anyone spot any musky while spearing last year on Andrusia? Just curious what you guys saw as I have never tried it.

kokke,

We fished this one as well, and did fine. The one I am referring to is farther south and it is not on the maps for some reason. Funny thing too, because it is pretty large. You can almost see it from googleearth.

i saw three spearing up there last winter at the end of december.

I will be up there this month again, ill let you know if i see any

Bass n spear. I would get ahold of Troy Fideldy. He has a pic up on the spearing forum of a fish he got on Andrusia. He has been staying on the lake for the past year when he has been going to school. If you can't get ahold of him let me know. I will be able to. Email me at Hoytmystic@hotmail.com

Kyle

TY email sent

so where is that spearing forum?

Thanks.... how about a link to the pike picture, i tried looking but nothing

I'm planning to fish andrusia next week for perch and eyes.

any tid bits on where to start. Last year we fishing close to Joe's. Curious if going further north maybe a better option? any ideas on live bait, we started out with shinners but they didn't live long.

With muskies in Andrusia, do they still allow spearing? I thought spearing wasn't allowed on musky lakes, or are there only select musky lakes on which spearing isn't allowed?

you can spear on andrusia, you cant spear on cass lake.

When we were spearing, there was 5 other guys with us. Each day, everyone saw a ton of walleyes, with a few monsters each day. There in the shallow water, or i should say coming from the deep water.

Email me if you like, i can hit you where we were.

Central Bassman,

Did my "hot spot" help you at all? Just curious. Hope I provided some good info.

We went down there one evening to fish for some walleyes, we did catch a couple that night. Never got a chance to go back, the card games go to wild!!!! shocked.gif Thanks for the spot I will be going back there cool.gifsmile.giftongue.gif

anyone been out there. Just curious to see if anyone has had any luck since we have been there in December??

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
anyone been out there. Just curious to see if anyone has had any luck since we have been there in December??