• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ICE

xHCxOutdoorsman

Word from a reliable source is the ice has broken /cracked quite a bit further out and it would not be advised to venture much further then the last sandbar.There have been a few guys fishing out about 1/4 mile with a 45 inch pike caught and a few walleyes.

2 days ago Buddy Hillman was out 5 1/2 miles marking his road. That -13 degree night put down too much ice too fast making it brittle and the ice sheet cracked up badly when the low front passed through. Now the snow is on it, too much snow for this amount of ice. frown.gif Big parts of the ice sheet are sinking and becoming slush pockets. The parts not sinking have enough snow to insulate the ice so it is not making any new ice. Buddy has stopped going out beyond 1/2 mile. He says this reminds him of 1985 which is a real bad sign. We've had an amazing string of easy winters concerning the ice sheet since the crappies started. Maybe this winter Mother Nature is going to show us who is really in charge. confused.gif

6 to 8 inches, light and fluffy. It's blown around and drifted out on the lake until buddy was getting stuck with the wheeler. Great tracking snow tho. grin.gif

Went for a walk today on the shallow ice, didn't get far before I had wet feet. Decided to go muzzleloader hunting instead.

Buddy Hillman was out about 8 miles. 6 to 8 inches of ice where ever he checked. The slush is frozen hard. Remember that the frozen slush DOES NOT have near the strength of good clear ice.

Yes there were 4 portables in the horizen today as the crappie search begins. There is also a small tow behind that some guys took out about a 1/4 mile with there wheeler. Crazy its not even dec.Lets all hope the snow misses us.

Quote:

Buddy Hillman was out about 8 miles. 6 to 8 inches of ice where ever he checked. The slush is frozen hard. Remember that the frozen slush DOES NOT have near the strength of good clear ice.

Hey Kelly, is the ice holden up, up there?

I didn't talk to anyone all day or go by the lake. Daylong fresh tracking snow. grin.gif The snow is adding up tho so I'm guessing there is more slush coming up.

your supposed to be working on trucks not chasing the most sought after big game animal in north america grin.gif

We got hit with a heavy snowfall last night - I'm figuring at least 6 to 7 inches, so this is not good news for making ice this time of the year. Hopefully, there was already enough ice to hold up the weight of the additional snow, but there is also more on the way according to the forecast.

If it keeps snowing at this rate, we won't need fishhouses, we can just build an igloo. Sort of a mixed blessing - we need the moisture, but the timing is just a little off for making ice. confused.gif

We'll have to wait & see what the reports are from the lake - I'm guessing they are busy shoveling out this morning...

cookie how was that pizza, and the fry you stole from me lol!!! hey where you shoot pool this week mybe i can come drink with you

Travis Koster

hey what you doing in the next few days, i am thinking of coming up to the big lake and throwing a line in and tossing a few beers in the bucket before we get going heavy, if you wanna join me let me know

Ya I know pirate but a little relaxing before the grind begins. Been a long summer and fall. Be starting out with 4 plows and 7 trucks so we should be set until????? Mid January?????? grin.gif

4 to 6 more inches of snow forcasted for tonight/tomorrow. Could get ugly out there this year. crazy.gif

Quote:

your supposed to be working on trucks

Why are you not working on trucks...wiseguy. grin.gifwink.gif

Wait until you see the fleet this year pirate, V-plows, BOSS plows, straight plows, ice tires, super strong sub-frames, custom tow bumpers and everything has been through the shop and running strong not mention a couple of new additions with some wicked horsepower! One even makes black smoke when it gets down and digs, I think we should call it the train! grin.gifwink.gif

As much as I will regret saying this I can't waith to line em up and see how quick we push a super highway across the lake.

Ugly? Kelly, it could get real ugly if I were to show up after a four year hiatus. I think I'm going to make it up this season to visit you, Patsy and Hal once the ice thickens up a bit. We have a lot of catching up to do. I'll let you know a week or so in advance.

Cody

It'll be good to see you Cody. Your bad luck partner keeps coming around shutting down the fishing. grin.gif

Give us a little advance warning and we can see if Kevin can mount some training wheels on one of Westwinds bar stools. grin.gifgrin.gif

We had a pretty good year. We had a great group of hunters all willing to pass up the smaller bears and wait for something bigger. 2 were over 400 pounds one of which should make Pope&Young. Best of all, no bears crippled and lost again this year. cool.gif

It looks like everybody is returning next year.

be up sunday or monday, after i rake the roof, frown.gif put together the new snow blower i bought for the wife so she has something to do why i am gone grin.gif, butcher a couple of deer tongue.gif, round up my tools, i talked to buddy last night it looks like i got power in the shop, but i told him he forgot the two most important things, heat and a welder confused.gif well it could be worse like 5 years ago mad.gif have u seen foster yet i dont no if my liver can handle all that miller lol, cant wait to see your new fleet. ino what my fleet consist of confused.gif

down here in blackduck it was a hard year, small bears and a few big ones however i missed my only shot, only hunt them with a bow and i used the wrong sight but thats my fualt so no one to blame but me

Foster has been in and out of town hunting. Some issues have definately not been forgotten. wink.gif Should be an interesting year. shocked.gifgrin.gif

Hate to break it to you this way but,,,,,,you know all of your fleet. grin.gif

Quote:

Hate to break it to you this way but,,,,,,you know all of your fleet.
grin.gif

Pirate...I love ya like a brother but all I can think to say is sorry for ya and I have some of those little handwarmer deals you can borrow. grin.gifwink.gif