Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Ice Report

18 posts in this topic

The brutal wind that we had last night played havoc with the ice sheet last night and with the temperatures that are forecasted for the next week it looks like we will have our work cut out for us smile.gif

Ice1.JPG

Ice2.JPG

Ice3.JPG

Ice4.JPG

Ice5.JPG

I have been waiting to see the reports start coming in from the guy with the Wilcraft. Hopefully the wind will die down and we can make a good bit of ice over this next week. I can't wait for the first trip up to the big skating rink. This time we wont have to worry about the boat motor not running right cause we will be taking the footmobiles for a while.

I hoping for a trip off the west end next weekend (8th). lets hope mother nature will cooperate, keeping the winds as low as the temps!! I'm going into withdrawls, MUST ICE FISH ON MILLE LACS.......................

Bad Ice or not, I still love seeing those pictures!!! Ah, I got butterflys in my stomach now! Small lakes down here are fishable already....well some of them anyways. Be safe guys, use a spud!

GoggleEye

Paul,

Very nice pics. What have you heard about the bays?

Thanks for taking a photo of my cabin for sale. I like free advertising!

Definitley time to fire up the Wilcraft. Lets head for the flats.... Bill

Bill the middle of the lake has whitecaps on it....Wind is blowing at around 30 MPH. Hate to think of what it's doing to the existing ice sheet frown.gif

Glassguy,

Sorry it's not a better pic laugh.gif

Thanks man I needed to see that!!!!

How far out was the ice before the storm?

Quote:

Ice5.JPG

Looks like you might have to rent a Zamboni. grin.gif

Does anyone have any updated ice reports? I am thinking of heading over that way on thursday and was wondering what ice conditions were like. If anyone has any recomendations where I could find some safe ice would be greatly appreciatted.

Kent,

I will know a lot more tomorrow when we start to punch a road out. Looks like we will need to do some flooding by our landing as it is pretty rough right now.

Paul,

With the snow that is and the snow that is coming, is it going to be sled only or will the wheelers fair well too?

When it is driveable of course.

MS,

Right now I would go with the sled. I was out 1/2 mile on my sled yesterday. With the snow that they're forecasting it will make wheeler travel tough.

Paul,

Great talking with you last night. Look forward to see you in about 5 weeks. Hope the fish decide to get hungery!!!

Anyone have an update on the ice near Indian Point?