Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
junior9

Little Pine....Whitefish Chain ICE?

8 posts in this topic

Just curious if the bays are frozen yet...or maybe even the main lake.

Just curious...Thanks!

sat the 23rd I walked out on the dock (in a litle bay on cross lake) and walked off it and it held then I sat on the dock and kicked the ice and I could not break through. little pine is that the lake Cedar Chest is on..if so that was fully froze over......on thursday I went for a drive and the bays on the chain were about to frezze fri same drive and they were locked.....ie Moolight Bay (the bay leading to the bar) was open thursday locked up Fri......I would imagine that foot travel this weekend might be possible......a friend also said that clamshell was about completely forze as of Friday also.....

Thanks for the reply...Little Pine is actually on the Whitefish chain the lake just north of Dagget.

LITTLE PINE WAS PARTLY FROZE OVER AND STEAMING LIKE MAD THIS MORNING. BIG PINE HAS BEEN FROZE OVER SINCE LAST WEEK.

Anybody fish this lake? Wondering how it is going?

Also are the ice conditons good? Did those pockets of open water show up again this year?

Finally heading up this weekend, can't WAIT!!!

Also wondering? I am not going up until late Jan-early Feb, so mainly wondering about ice. Do you think it will be safe to drive a 1/2 ton truck on Crosslake? I haven't fished it cept once in winter, and we just followed some truck tracks and stayed near shore last year.

Irish or anybody, not asking for lakes, but has fishing been good on the smaller lakes in that Crosslake/Emily area? My lake is small lake nobody goes to, not destination lake, but we have fun with crappies and small pike. Looking forward to a couple trips this winter. Going to try a few larger (but still small, Greer, etc.) lakes as well.

Thanks for any info.

there are a few houses out on little pine, i noticed a couple perms on the east shore just north of the old access.

the bite hasn't been to great lately. my honey hole has been found, and nothing doing there either.

fish have been finicky and running real small.

Thanks Irish.....not the best sounding report...but I can't wait to spend the day tomorrow trying to get something to bite. I will post know how we did.