Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardwaterjigin

Lake Zumbro

3 posts in this topic

I am relatively new to the area and am going to put a house out on Zumbro. I am not looking to get any secret spots but could use a little help in the area of my placement maybe even targeting. I have a spearhouse but I would rather catch fish... I have heard about pulling cats through the ice but have never been in an area where we had cats. I fish alot of pans in central Mn and am curious as to what the outlook is for them on Zumbro. ANY help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

you'll find most of the perms lined up along the highbanks area on the zumbro, its a large area of the lake with a steep dropoff,its usually a great area to find winter crappies and bluegills, soon as people start putting there shacks on the ice you'll know where it is

hard-water,

I really don't think there are any secret spots on the zumbro atop the hard water. There gets to be a bunch of perm shacks along the high banks area and in that general area of the lake (middle (deep water)).

As for the cats, keep up to speed in this forum and you'll get some information. I plan to put a cat attack on as soon as there is safe ice on the Zumbro.