Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceintheHole

Carls lake south of Prior Lake

7 posts in this topic

I would like to put my fish house out there but I'm not sure how the hot dry summer affected the fish. I know it's shallow and have fished there may times before my main interest is the walleyes and how they did this summer.

I don't know about the walleyes, but the crappies in Carls were smaller this fall than last fall, if that's possible. crazy.gif

Duffman pretty much echoes what I've heard, too. It can't produce crappies forever with the pressure it gets from Dec 15th to Mar 15th.

in the mid 90's carls had huge gills and crappies. a classic example of over fishing brought us to where we are today. too bad, i live 10 min from there. frown.gif i accidently caught a walleye one year in the spring. where do you catch them in winter, if you don't mind saying?

I'm not sure. I know the local sportsman club stocks the lake with walleyes almost ever year if you go to the DNR lake finder web sight you can look up stocking info and results from net. From what I see there are quite a few walleyes in there and of decent size. I have heard the steeper breaks on the back of the lake and I know some guys fish them really shallow 3-5' in the weeds.

thanks! maybe i'll give that a try if the wind dies. was by there a few days ago and it was mostly open

yes the wind has to go if we didn't have this wind we would already be fishing DAM MOTHER NATURE SHE'S PLAYIN GAMES WITH US