Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

6:30 a.m., 2 below!

5 posts in this topic

Things are going to start happening! The temperature is 2 below, but the way the wind is cranking I'm sure the big lakes aren't getting a whole lot done as far as ice making. The smaller lakes that were already iced will be fishable this weekend I would guess.

Walleyedan

Does anyone know what's actually frozen. Eddie? Nisswa? Upper Gull? Round? Trying to decide on coming up this weekend and if my only options are south long or clark I'll wait Cmon eddie. If the wind would just quit blowing they all would be iced over.

I walked out a ways on Crow Wing and found there to be at least 1 1/2 inches everyplace I checked. I would not take a chance on it being thicker anyplace else. By the weekend I would assume that most smaller lakes would have fishable ice.

I was just walking on moose bay on pelican.Seen ice from 1.5 to 3 inches.I felt safe but I wouldnt encourage others.Im hoping to try for some northern tomorrow morning.

Booming Out Bay (on Gull) just froze over this a.m..

Walleyedan