• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good all around lake?

We're thinking about buying a cabin in the Bemidji Area. Our criteria are that it has to be within 15 miles of a hospital, we want to be able to fish,(sunfish off the dock prefered), water ski-tube, but not to crazy with boats running you over. What are your thoughts on Grace? Any others? I like Lake Bemidji, but can't fish off the dock, and can get a little rough sometimes, although the Green Mill, Rutgers is nice to have. Thanks cool.gif

I have a cabin on Plantagenet and Turtle River Lake. Plantan is a better fishing lake in my opinion but not a sunny off the dock lake.

Turtle River Lake is a good hunting, fishing and water sport lake. You can always find a calm spot...it gets very deep quickly off shore in spots, it is not too busy. You may have a hard time finding a cabin on the lake. There are some old resorts selling cabins in a common interest type setting.

Grace is a fun lake, not good for hunting, and it is very very busy. Lucky if you don't get run over on the weekends.