Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan_V

cranker???

18 posts in this topic

Is the Cranker still around??? Or is he off on another venture. I remember his posts last hard water season and look forward to them again, if he's around??? anyone have any idea???

The Cranker has moved on to other opportunities. He is no longer associated with FM.

Paul W has taken over basicaly for him and you should look for his updates!!

what is he doing now???

I wonder if he got back into the pine cone business....?

Cranker was and im sure is still a great guy at what ever he may be doing. His reports allways was on top of the action and im sure even though i havent had a chance to meet Paul W. yet in person im sure he will do his best with all he has going on to keep us fellow FMers all up to date.Im wanting to visit Paul and his staff in Jan for a 3 day weekday trip mon-thurs for a couple guys and my dog.So paul if you happen to see this by all means shoot me a email and the best deal you can give me. Boborlo1@hbci.com thanks and bring on the ice cool.gif

i got to fish the full moon of october in 05 with paul. he didnt know who i was or what kind of fishing buddy i would be, yet he offered an open seat in his boat. we fished from about 6.30pm until somewhere around 6 or so am. it was an excellent time. the water was like glass, the fish cooperated and the moon was fantastic! it was one of the two best october full moon fishing trips i have ever had.

paul REALLY knows his stuff and is one of the friendliest people you could ever meet.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Anyone who has met Paul will agree with what you just mentioned. He is a special person, no doubt.

Jim is working in the park model home business throughout the US.

Gosh you guys blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

You keep talking like that and even I might start to believe you. smile.gif Thanks for the very kind words.

walleyechaser, you have mail.

i live in duluth mn and have read this site many times for advice to fish "the pond" twice this year.. i have heard and read alot about paul and appreciate all the wisdom... as far as meeting him in person i work at home depot in duluth and mixed all the paint for his ice houses this season...paul how ya doin? hope to make it to the frenzy next year.. anyway he is a steller feller even away from the fishing scene.

I have known Paul for a few years and will say this, Paul is very fair and will treat you to the vacation you are looking for.

I'm also sure that the service the resort provides for its clients is second to none.

great guy and wonderful resort.

Paul is one of a kind!

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the fishing get togethers we've hung out at. Appledoorns is really a class operation so it's no surprise that Paul is managing it.

Plus he always seems to have good info on where the bite is. wink.gif

Cranker sure came and went. It must of been a job thing to him, more than a right of passage. Just cause your job title changes, does not mean you have to quit coming on FM. Maybe there is something more than meats the eye. I do not know.

Paul has been a great exchange though. He seems to be on top of things and knows what's up. I like reading his posts.

I guess Paul will be driving old big blue/green this winter. I will met up with him once or twice, like I did Cranker.

Troyslund,

Remember now, the frenzy has nothing to do with fall feeding fish in the lake. You will have find out what it means your self next year.

Also, I just seen some of Paul's Porty Sled mods images today and all I can say is he rides in a mean porty.

Shack,

You must be thinking of the big old MEAN GREEN MACHINE laugh.gif That thing is a monster!

Dave Hughley and I have a few more tricks up our sleeve for this year. Wait until we unveil Gramma...She's an old International with a 5 ton winch reel on the back, or the Orangatang..... An old MNDOT Plow with the sanding dump bucket taken off the back, but the BIG wing plow still intact. NOW that's how you move snow and make a ROAD laugh.gif

Paul,

I'll be watching for you in the Orangatang cool.gif You gots all kinds of toys over there..... grin.gif

Sounds like it will keep your roads open even if we get a "Normal" winter this year.

Orangatang sounds like a great road tester grin.gif.

When Appledorns was owned by previous owner, they had a winter worker (I think hos name was Chonss or something like that) he was a great guy and really did a top notch job with rentals and roads. One year he was pushing out past Doe Island for the first time of the year in one of the red old trucks. The truck went in (front axle or half front of truck). He was able to get out and they pulled truck out a couple days later, but he quit that year. I talked with a couple years later and he said it scared him so bad, it put him off ice for awhile. He did come back for one year, after 3 or 4 years off.

The first year I had my shack at Karpons (Now Appledorns), the first couple weeks driving out past Doe, there was a white Chevy down to the axles just west of Doe Island a couple hundred yards. It took awhile before Ice was thick enough to get back over to truck.

The east side has some of the best ice conditions of the lake, but Sunset bay is always a crap shoot. There is always a crack from or right off of Doe that makes you have to go over a bridge or drive way around. I remember the road one year having to cut threw point and doe to get out to main lake. That was a change.