Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotteye

Walleye Retreat.......

5 posts in this topic

Any experience with this "Walleye Retreat" resort? We are planning a trip in January, and really want some to get into some fish & still have a decent cabin. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

It is an alright place.

It has been interesting to see the place grow and improve.

They used to participate in this forum quite a bit, not

so much lately?????

Good lake people I think.

My in-laws have stayed with them twice in the past 3 years and both times were very pleased with the service and accomodations. They did pretty well on the fish, enough for a couple meals and a few to bring home. And if i remember their rates were very reasonable.

In my limited experience on the south shore (have mainly fished out of the Angle in years past) I would strongly condsider bringing a portable for moving around during the day. We once hole-hopped from Long Point all the way to Starrens shoal south of Garden in a day, and it seemed that each time we stopped and popped new holes we'd pick up a handful of fish and then it would slow up. Move, drill, fish, move, drill, fish. Was a really fun day as was warm enough to fish off the sleds most the day.

Pete and Teri run a good fishing camp. The cabins are right on the water--make that ice--and it's a short hop out to the lake at the Morris Point gap. Pete moves his houses often and does a good job of staying on the fish. I think the cabins are booked up regularly for weekends but maybe the gas thing will have fewer people driving to LOW.

Good luck.