Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrcarp

pleasant lake

11 posts in this topic

hi any ice on pleasent on the north side hoping to go there this weekend

Only live 1/2 mile from it -- no Ice yet

Robbo

What'll you be looking for? I hear that lake is good for early ice crappies.

Out from the landing can be good for Crappies and pike,

Lake about 40% froze over today.

According to the DNR web site a majority of the Crappies are very small is this true

The crappies I caught there last winter were all worth keeping. This summer and fall I caught a few nice ones as well. The sunfish are a different story. LOTS of sorting to be done with those. Lots of Pleasant Lakes in the area too, we're talking about the one on the north side of the city of Annandale I believe.

Yep thats the one

I checked it out this morning... By now I'd say it has to be 75% frozen.

Once there's enough to get out, the hot spot is always the "Flats" which is just off of the North access. Northerns bite like crazy during the day, and you can catch a few crappies during the night if you find the right depth.

Went out on Pleasant today... It was hard to tell the ice depth with the way we chiseled our holes, but I'd say there was a solid 5-6 inches of ice. There is slush on top in some areas though.

If your looking for Pike, they are very active on the breakline in 24 FOW. Fished it this morning and did very well. Sucker minnow on tip-up and jigging a #7 white glow pimple.

The bite on Pleasant has died off considerably. You can still snag a few pikes on the Flats in about 12 FOW though.