• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice house catch cover inserts

tyeeme

Question

I am looking to buy 6 inserts or sleeves for my shack. I have the USA made catch cover holes. Any info on the sleeves or inserts, are they worth it? is black white or glow better? I use a 10" auger, also wondered if they get in the way if your jig might catch them on the way up or any other problems. Thanx Guys

3 answers to this question

I have an 8" auger, so I can't comment on how they work with 10" holes, but they are worth it regardless. They keep out the drafts and if you push snow up against the house later it won't fill your holes when it sneaks underneath. Same goes for landing fish or even bringing up a jig...it funnels them up so they don't get snagged up on the bottom edge of the hole.

I have the white and I like those because it lets a little light in. I think black would make it too dark, but everyone has their preference. I've never heard how long the glow lasts before they have to be "recharged".

Do you cut them off so they are flush with your house floor or do the stick up above your floor?