Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishermann222

finally got some sets in the ground

10 posts in this topic

Finally got a few sets in today, hung a few snares and set a few footholds. Did not get alot of ground covered. Have to start hitting it hard this week. SOFT snow that is 2+ feet deep in many spots is making it tough. snow was more than waste deep in a few spots I went to check out before driving into them, glad i checked first.

Hey leechman lookout, this is going to be the "year of the snowhole" grin.gif

keep the snow in Alaska!! LOL

I hope the snow hole works on the main land, like it did on the island. Time will tell. I was going to get out tomorrow and set a new line out, but an over time work detail came along. Can't wait to hear how you did. Good luck!

I have not yet checked my sets today, but it has been freezing rain since last night, I don't have a whole lot of hope. First sets in the ground last night and I had dreams all night of animals in traps, isn't the first set of the year always the best, even if it is freezing rain.

Hey Fishermann, started snowing here about an hour ago. Got about an inch on the ground, 20 feet of visibility. That's more snow than we had in January last year. I may get to try the snow hole too.

Had two fox last night in foothold/snowhole sets. one was stolen. I am a little bit bummed.

Quote:

...one was stolen...

newbie question. Stolen as in by person, or stolen as in by yote, wolf or something?

Person stole it. They shot it on sight, appeared as though they used a shotgun, real nice of the. At least they left me the trap.

Hey Fish, look at the bright side. At least you know your snowhole set is going to work at your new place. What did the other one look like? Do you think your going to have trouble with the fur stealer later? Do you think someone is telling you that your in his area? How's the fur look on the one you got?

thats to bad but i am sure you will catch some more but i just dont understand why a person would do that