Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishfearme

Angler goes through the ice on Coon Lake channel!

7 posts in this topic

This afternoon an angler went through the ice after an Anoka Co. sherrif in an air boat drives by the angler breaking up the ice! The angler saw the boat coming and ran by him breaking up the ice in chunks. He didn't get off before the boat went by and busted up the 2 inches of ice he was standing on. Saw this on Fox 9 news at five.

Ice fishing on 2" of ice??? I love my ice fishing, but 2" of ice???

2 inches is fine if it is consistant and you take precautions...i.e life jacket and another person with you.....but to have the Sherriff drive by and cause you to go into the water.......I would not be happy and would ? their attention to detail when testing or running the air boat on thin ice with an angler close by or even running on early ice when they know that people are itching to test the ice and they are making it unsafe!!!

Ozzie- they were not testing it... they were on a call to a dog stuck in the water.

classic!!! save a dog endanger a human...sad thing is there are a lot of people that would be more worried about the dogs safety than the fishermans!! I see this stuff is being talked about in the Ice forum......hope the fisherman is doing well!!

Anyone ever find out who the cop was that caused this accident... or if anything happened to him

I have seen Coon lake on the news numerous times just wondering how many people have actually gone through this year and are the conditions still bad?????