Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaunce

Quick Report

12 posts in this topic

fished with buddy and Bieganek.caught a couple walleyes . ice was pretty good . looks like tue, wed ,thur lows in the single digits. We were fishing in 8 ft.

You were walking out on the ice? How far from shore were you? I can't wait to see some ice action on URL!

how thick was the ice?

I'm hearing 3 to 6 inches of ice in 5 feet of water and less. 2 to 3 inches of ice beyond the 8 foot break. I'm really surprised that yesterdays wind did not break it up. Low temps, highs in the teens and lows in single didgits after mid week.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the report. All of us down in the cities really appreciate the info. The more we know, the sooner we come up and spend money. Thanks again. Kid

Sweet! Ah, Ice Fishing on Thanksgiving Weekend - that's what I like to hear.

Suppose to get cold mid-week, so that'll help...

Now I'm pumped !! grin.gif

Quote:

I'm really surprised that yesterdays wind did not break it up.

That's really good news - thought for sure that wind would do a number on the ice on Red.

Everything is looking really good for a smooth freeze-up so far....

You won't catch me on the ice for a week or more, Red would like nothing more then to open up and swallow a couple more anglers. To many times she has teased us until everybody felt safe then opens up in a wind.

If you gou out be careful and use every precaution you can until she has had time/temps to lock up solid.

Jon, did those gusty winds this past night break up the ice or is it still locked up.

The good thing is we're in a cold weather pattern now.

I was in Redby yesterday afternoon and was surprised to see some blue water on Lower Red Lake.

This morning I think it should have been cold enough to make water hard. It might be a tough winter if we are seeing a negative sign in front of the temp before December.

i guess being they say lower is deeper that would hold true?

She stayed lock up and is looking good although this recent snowfall is putting alot of weight and insulation on the ice. Starting to see slush pockets already.