Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EYEHUNTER10

Ice Report

26 posts in this topic

Most small lakes have ice now in the willmar-spicer area, but not near enough to walk on im afraid. Hope to see people out soon, we use to always be fishing by thanksgiving. Should be soon anyhow!!

This is the second time the back bay on Diamond has froze over,I'm gonna try it out today,I'd guess I can walk out but its only 2-3 ft. deep if it were 4ft. or over gettin out is a tough break to shore.But I have to see how much ice there is.I expect to see spear houses next week.

Single digits at night later this week.

lake elizabeth and ella are iced over. Elizabeth has 2-3 inches. Hopefully I will be going out mid week.

alot of the smaller lakes and sloughs around Benson also have ice and it's spose to get colder all this week. I plan on venturing out somewhere this weekend.. friendly reminder to ALL.. NO ice is EVER safe so take icepiks with or something please!!

Anyone been by Wakanda yet?? Is it locked up or is the wind keeping it open?? Would like to get out there this weekend!

Ice does'nt yet hold my weight on dogfish bay Diamond lake

Making ice this morning!!! The thermometer hit zero a couple of places on the way into work!!!! Now the decision for this weekend is go pheasant hunt or go ice fishing??! Mmmm decisions, decisions!!

anybody been by wagonga??

Any new ice reports from the area after this past mornings freezing temps?? Wakanda, Elizabeth? Gonna be windy tomorrow, hope there all locked tight! confused.gif

Was talking to a co-worker tonight. Sounds like Elizabeth is tight. He even walked out 40-50 feet. Not sure on the ice thickness.

lizzy had 3.5-4 inches on it tonight. it had 2.5 last night. This was on the east side of the lake. I do not know what it is like by the access. I know there was an open spot by the big island two days ago. Probably will go and try it tomorrow night

Went by Norway last night, looked like it was froze all the way across. Games still had open water.

keep us posted, can't wait to get out there. Hopefully i get to take my portable out this weekend if everything is locked up.

Go away wind...

Quote:

Go away wind...

Ditto.

went past waganga this afternoon. north access. everything was frozen as far as i could see in any direction

its getting close. If you venture out to lizzy be careful. drove by today and there was three open spots from the access to the island.

went out there after school today. it was 5 inches thick. i went off on the east side. sure felt good to get the line wet.

A coworker and I went out to Willmar lake during lunch today with the chisel, and ventured a little bit on both sides of the Robbins Island park peninsula. Didn't get too far from shore (0-60 feet), but ice was averaging about 4 inches thick.

We are hoping to get out this weekend.

Any updates on Wagonga, Nest, or Diamond?

I drove by diamond tonight. It looked all froze. I walked out on the east access about 20 yeards and the cracks look like a good 3 inches

The last thing we need is snow. Looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer. Not looking forward to a cold swim.

Went out on Norway tonight in the bay before Little Norway. 5" Someone else had a 6 X 8 perm and wheeler. Not me I'll still walk. Hes always first out.

Games completely frozen over for first time yesterday. Still pretty thin I think but saw two portables out near DNR landing.

We'll need the really cold nights to thicken the ice. I wait for 5-7" of ice, no since going swimming. Been there done that. NO FUN.

Out pheasant hunting today. I seen one permanent buy the NW bay on games. I also seen three permanents out in the middle of calhoun.