Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scrod

Ice Fishing

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen sought out any of those early ice ponds yet? Hoping to go looking on tuesday or wednesday. The extended forecast is looking good towards the end of next week!!! Good luck and be safe all.

Haven't gone out "looking" for ice,...sunday i went down to siler lake,. had to get out of the house and wet a line!!! this dead spot between seasons is killing me!!! i tried just snooping around by the stone bridges and that little fishing peer,. 99.9% of the area by the bridges and a good size area off to the left of the pier where iced over,...not walk-able ice,..but better than just a skim,...let us know if you find any decent ice tue-wen,...i also buzzed the parking lot at foster, didn't look like much or any ice,...was gonna spend more time out but the wind really sucked!!! should have dressed warmer!!! good luck and let us know how it goes!!! grin.gif

I'm thinking the ice is going to be a little thin yet this week. Possibly by the weekend, but it's going to be sketchy. Willow Creek was over 50% froze on Thurs, but was nearly all open again on Sunday. I'll be looking for first fishable ice on KR7 and the backwaters near Wabasha.

I was up near Alezandria over the weekend and there was a guy out a good hundred yards on Lake Osakis...that ice making weather is moving our way...hopefully soon

Yeah I can't wait! I predict that certain lakes will have walkable ice by this weekend...that's what I am hoping for anyway. smile.gif

Trying to decide between fishing this weekend or going to the ice show up in st paul. I have never been there. but I "need" a few things so I may head up and try to get out on the ice next week if the weather holds.

I go to that show every year, even if it's just to look around at what's new. But my recomendation would be to go on sunday if you are looking to buy anything, usually the vendors are pretty willing to wheel and deal cause they don't want to have to drag that stuff back. I always go on the sunday of the show and usually hit it around noonish and stay for few hours.

Well if this cold weather keeps up we will have ice in no time. It was about 5 degrees when I woke up this morning and the long term forecast looks good.