Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

NEW FISH HOUSE LICENSE LAW

10 posts in this topic

Check the St Cloud Forum for the new laws on struccture licenses for the upcoming year. The post is from Robbo17. Finally the portable guys will have some slack... Bill

Too bad they already got my money for this season so I could get through the end of last winter. It is about time however, we pay enough fees to them.

confused.gif

crazy.gif

The fees you pay them go back to support the infrastructure to your hobbies....Public accesses, public land, Conservation officers, etc.

Every one should still buy a license regardless. IMO

MuleSchack: I agree with the money going to the infrasturctue. I've bought licenses for over 30 years. I found it hard to believe that the state legislatures would give away the money now being spent. We'll end up picking up the slack someplace. The cost of doing business does not go down. I would have absolutley no problem continuing to pay the fee. If that $13 is between me fishing or not, I'm in tough financial shape and should probably sell everything. It will be interesting to see the end result of the new law. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Quote:

The fees you pay them go back to support the infrastructure to your hobbies....Public accesses, public land, Conservation officers, etc.

Exactely, it's not "them" it's "us" that use the money. "They" work for us - collecting and distributeing the money.

As far as still wanting to buy the license or give them money, the DNR takes donations. Ex habitat license plates.

Quote:

confused.gif

crazy.gif

Every one should still buy a license regardless. IMO

Why?? According to the DNR the increase in out of state fees will make up the lost sales. Also the DNR has not exactly gotten any cheaper on the ATV license every time they close a trail. There is always a increase somewhere to offset the reduction. There is a box on your tax form to check if you would like to give more. smirk.gif

Quote:

confused.gif

crazy.gif

I WISH that were true.

However, waaayyyy too much of the funds generated by hunting and fishing fees have been siphoned off for other "general fund" uses.

Nothing is for free wink.gif

Pay for it now or pay for something else later... shocked.gif

you still have to pay for permanent fish houses as i have one so thats good enough i have 4 portables that i hated to pay the fees for it cost me arond 60 dollars to license all of them so my family could go out fishing. so if you want pay more in your own taxes if your worried about the conservation officers

Thanks guys,

I am going to buy one for my 1 portable that i use.

that is my contribution.

Like i said, it was my opinion...not every one has 4 portables that they have to license. tongue.gif