Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bturck

TACKLE BOX AND MORE BAIT SHOP

51 posts in this topic

In case anyone is looking for Chuck and Owen, they have moved about a mile north of the former location next to Shooters Saloon and Eatery on Cty Rd 75. Big yellow building you can't miss it. Stopped there yesterday and even though the location has changed the BS is still the same. Good luck and hang on. Bill

I saw the signs along the road and figure they must have moved. I'll have to stop in for a report. wink.gif

they have a lot more space than the prior shop. When they first moved up there last summer they were greeted by an electrical fire, so its been remodel and paint most of the past few months. Bill

Didn't know that . Thanks Bill for the info. By far one of my all-time fav bait shops.

there is always something interesting going on when you stop in to see Chuck or Owen. Bill

Honestly, I am sick and tired of going there when I need bait, and they are closed. I will be going down the road to the new bait shop opening up on December 1st, at the Vukes Gas Station. I talked to the owners of the new Bait Den and they said they will post hours and be there for them. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fisher I have to agree with you. It seems like the same problem every time I went to pick up bait, they were closed. I bought a gift certificate from the radio station to use at Tackle Box 4 months ago. I went there 3 days in a row during the middle of the summer only to find them closed. I have been there a few times in the past and was very impressed on service, but when I want to go fishing, I want to go fishing. I doubt I will go there again not knowing whether or not I am wasting my time to hope they are open!

They were closed for some time during the summer due to the fire and remodeling as a result. they should be up and running now. Bill

I havent been to tackle box before how is there bait? I go to stop light and am impressed sometimes other times sickened with it. Has anyone got bait from scheels before?

Scheels usually has a pretty decent supply of healthy bait. The only thing I don't like is the location plus having to run up the stairs. They've always loaded my bucket up well though.

I have never been to Scheel's for bait, I hate the mall.

Might have to re-think that though, if the quality is there, along with quantity it might be a good option. I have only ever had one time when Tackle Box wasn't open, and the B.S. is always top notch. Have always gotten good bait too.

On a side note, anyone have a good bait shop or other place to bring in deer hides for gloves? I was at stop light but wasn't too impressed and already have multiple pairs of the kind they have, plus they were asking additional fee.

From what i have saw scheels has pretty cheap bait to. 2.50 a scoop i think for crappies and fatheads.

I live so close to Tackle box and more that I like going there. Also the times when I went and they were closed was during remodeling!!! Always good service in my eyes!!

I take my hides to Fleet Farm. You get a certificate for $6 off any purchase, $10 off on select brands.

Scheels has their Crappie and Fatheads at $1.50. laugh.gif By far the cheapest around and they give generous amounts.

I love going to Benton Drive Mini Serve in Sartell by the Papermill, usually a young high school girl is working who is "grossed out" by the minnows so its self-serve!!Its more expensive, but I definitely get my money's worth.

yeah there is a lot of gas station minnow stands that the attendent says "I don't care take as many as you want". What do you do??

Haha what gas stations are these? I think im gonna try scheels, 1.50 a scoop thats pretty hard to beat. Just talking about all of this stuff makes me want to go NOW

Owen and Chuck are stand up guys who aren't in it to get rich--they're baitshop owners because they love doing it and anyone who goes in there and talks to them for 5 minutes can glean that much.

My money is going to those guys from now on, especially since I live close by 'em.

If you're looking for panfish jigs, they are the place to go in town also FYI...huge selection, plus they custom make their own brand in there (which I learned from them the other day).

Once goose and pheasant hunting wraps up I am going to be hitting the ice as much as I can.

I wonder exactly why they moved? They had a great location in Vuke's Gas station, now their location is bad. It is really tough to get a boat in there, plus if you need gas or other things you have to go elsewhere. This is on top of them not being open when I need to pick up bait. So I really want to know what happened?

So this is the Tackle box and mor bait shop your talkin about? Or another one.

They leased from Maid Rite. Maid Rite owned the building and was going to sell the building then they didn't so they reorganized the store to city codes, then they sold it anyways. So they up and moved from the old Vukes area store

Personally I like the new location better for easy in, easy out rather than having to drive around a lot of businesses to get there. If you need gas or snacks the other location was nice though. Bill

bill turk are you the old timmer from the bass fishing circles. long time? just thought i would let you know that the new bait shop bait den is owned by kathy and jim dempsey. nothing wrong with competion? makes for better products for the consumer. do the bass and walleye still shudder when they hear your name? by the way i would like to invite all my bass fishing buddies to stop in and chew the fat over old time. john dempsey castindad