Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

Got really lucky on an Aqua-vu sale today

8 posts in this topic

For the last couple of years I have been eyeing the Aqua-Vu ZT series underwater camera. Retail of $399-499. I was at skeels this morning at 7am, and when I walked upstairs the first thing I saw was on single aqua-vu zt sale priced at $149.00. I had the fiancee stand guard while I checked to make sure that price was right, and it was since they discontinued that series. Something to be said for right place right time today. Now all I need is some fishable ice.

Thats awesome, nothing better than to find exactly what you looking for, for more than 1/2 the price...nice find!!

Nice find. Let me know how it works. I was thinking of getting a camera this year, but bought a lx5 instead.

a camera isnt all its cracked up to be. bulky, not exactly as easy to use as a flasher, take a long time to get adjusted to what you want to look at, but at the same time if you have extra time on your hands it is pretty neat to see the structure your fishing around.

john that lx5 was a worthy investment. it is a sweet unit and far more valuable than any camera. Have fun playing with it in the coming weeks.

You'll love the LX5, it's a great unit and doesn't drive you nuts with the humming shocked.gif.

I have both a flasher and a camera. Unless I am fishing suspended fish, I would absolutely rather use the camera. With the marcum 560 you have 360 viewing and it really doesnt take long at all to set up.

One example where the flasher could let you down: say you have spaced out weeds and one that is directly below your hole that is two or three feet tall. The flasher will tell you its there, but if you set up above the weed you will be further off the actual bottom than you want to be (or be set up in the weed). This example might seem far fetched but it has happened to me more than once. A camera also give you a better idea on how your minnow is doing on a still line.

Flashers are a great tool, and I use mine a lot, but I think a camera give you a better idea of whats going on down there. I can say having a camera down while using a flasher has really helped me have a better understanding of what im actually seeing on the flasher.

I've already used it in the boat and it was awesome. It's nice to zoom to the bottom, I like it very much. Now I just need to deck out my fish trap pro and I'll be all set.