Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Ice Reports 2007-2008

92 posts in this topic

Please place any ice reports you might have in this area here for people to have incase there going to a different lake they have never been on before over the course of the wintertime.

Thanks All and Happy Ice Fishing!!

i saw some ice on buffalo this morning!!!

Took a drive earlier this afternoon by Pelican,which had about a 3/4 inch of ice in the bay where the NW access(WPA access)is,and Constance was pretty much open, with a little skim ice on the south shore.

Most of the smaller lakes around Buffalo have ice on them, exact thickness is unkown.

its getting close to that time of year where i think we will keep the ice on the lake after this week.

Thanks for all the reports.

Looks like a nice long cold streak here so we should be out on the ice pretty soon hopefully.

man is it cold outside today. And its only going to stay cold. Gota love it.

15 minutes ago, I saw 2 guys out on Pelican Lake (Ice fishing) in St. Michael. Do not know what ice conditions are, but those 2 guys think it is safe. Only the small bays were frozen when I drove by on Sunday. 2 days of cold, I would not be out there.

thats crazy. I think there a bit excited to see the ice out there. Hopefully everything goes ok for them.

I think Buffalo is gonna freeze over whenever the winds calm down (I think tonight) and the small pond by my house has 3-4" on it.

I think some of hte smaller lakes will be fishable by this weekend.

i think your right, its just a matter of how the wind is going to effect it. When i look out the window right now, it looks like its going to be windy all night long.

I am new around here (forum) and area. I live in Monticello and work in Delano. I take a different way to and from work depending on which lake I think will have ice on it. This morning I thought for sure Constance would be covered and even brought a spud bar with to see how thick it would be. I was surprised to see about a 1/3 of it still open. Looked like a lot of geese were fighting the cold off. Will have to take the bar over to Pelican on the way home and check it out. Maybe swing by Dean as well.

As of 1100 am Buffalo is completely frozen over

there will be people on buffalo be the end of the weekend and i won't be one of them

Quote:

As of 1100 am Buffalo is completely frozen over

Thanks for the report. Haven't been able to drive by it recently to see for myself.

Not anymore. The wind has broken up Buffalo and it was open in spots when I drove by at about 5.

Saw a portable on a small lake by Darwin this afternoon around 3:00 pm. shocked.gif

I know a guy that was duck hunting on Pelican Sunday!!

dont you guys think we will have 2-3 inches for the weekend?

There talking 5-10 inches of snow for the weekend. That is sure to mess up the ice making if true.

Yes, there talking that we are going to get some snow. Hopefully all the lakes will be froze by then.

Hopefully not! That's the last thing we need - 3-5 inches of snow on 2" of ice!

I bet There will be people out of edwards this weekend. (A small lake for mudeyes south of annandale about 5 miles) Black friday I went out there to go duck hunting and is was froze over.

ISN'T THEIR LIKE SOME KIND OF FORMULA OR GENERAL RULE OF THUMB OF MAKING ICE. LIKE 1/4 INCH AN HOUR AT ZERO DEGREES? confused.gif

There might be with tap water in a cup in your garage but on the lakes there are to many variables. Wind, lake depth, water clarity ect.