Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lip'em

Ice, Ice and more ice! Zero Ducks!

4 posts in this topic

Hunted near Jordan this morning and found my pond to be completely frozen with about an inch of ice! Broke ice and put out a few dekes but did not see many ducks (saw tons of geese though) Hunted the same slough yesterday morning in the snow and the mallards started to pour in as we were loading up the boat to leave. Wishin I could have had just a few more hours on thursday before having to get back to the family. No matter how hard I try to shake it the should've, would've, could've card keeps playing over in my mind.

As for me, I think I will start packing away the floaters tonite and start taking out the field dekes for some late season honker action. It was a duck season full of trials and tribulations, ups and downs, mud due to low water, and most importantly a season full of memories and lessons learned to help carry me through the next ten months. Good luck to all who venture out during the last remaining days. I'll pray for wind!

-Keep on keeping on!

~Lip

I WENT FOR A RIDE THIS MOURNING AND I BET I SEEN 500 MALLARDS AND JUST AS MANY SAW BILLS AND BUFFLES ON ON THE SAME BODY OF PUBLIC WATER WOULD HAVE TO BREAK SOME ICE HOWEVER BUT IT WOULD LIKLEY BE WORTH THE EFFORTS I AM GOING TO DRIVE BY AFTER WORK TO SEE IF THE WIND BROKE IT OPEN OR NOT REGARDLESS I HAVE NO BOAT TO GET THERE ANYHOW !!!

lucky i have a boat hehe we shot 7 on thurs. got a banded buffy after i talked to you im off sun. i know you had someting going let me know

I may do that , the guy i am supposed to be goimg with doesent seem intrested at this time.