• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Goose Decoys

riversmallmouth35

I am looking to buy some fullbody decoys for next season and was wondering what brands do you guys like the best. I was also wondering if there are any good online sites to get good deals or what stores have good sales on decoys usually. I really got into goose hunting the last few years and at 15 don't have all the money for everything I want.

Thanks for any help.

Hey, I'm with ya. I'm now 16, own 12 shells, 6 mag-shells, and 6 Hunter-Series Green Head Gear full-bodies. I started with the dozen Carry-Lite shells, then the Carry-Lite mag-shells, & finally the fulls. You just gotta start building it piece by piece. Also start looking for a cheaper lay-out blind. It also wouldn't hurt 2 get some friends 2 start building up your dekes 2, it will really help build your spread. GHG is my brand of chice for full-bodies. wink.gif

( Note from admin,please read forum policy before posting again,thank-you.)

I have about 18 shell decoys that I have been using for the past couple seasons and a blind I got this summer. Most of my friends spend there money on other things instead of goose hunting so that won't work. I also saw the sale on cabelas but nothing I just had to buy. Thanks for the advice.

I have GHG fullbodies, working my way on the FFD's but not necessary to have but are nice decoys. GHG are the best decoys for the best price IMO and I love em, lots of geese shot over them.

Used decoys are a great way to build a spread for a fraction of the new cost. If you do like new, Gander and Sportsmans usually have at least 30 percent off at the end of the season on their remaining dekes. I am a GHG man too. Not the best, but excellent value for price.

Hey guppie let me know a price if you sell some we're looking to beef up our spread as well. Right now we heave 3 dozen shells and 12 fulls but more would be sweet.

Hands down, the best bang for your buck. GHG FFD lessers. You will not regret it. To each his own though.

Quote:

How much smaller are the lessers though, also how much cheaper?

Here is a link describing the size:

http://forum.averyoutdoors.com/showthread.php?t=33720&highlight="lesser+size"

As far as cost goes, depends on where you buy them. Lessers sell for around $140-$160 per six with a bag. I got my FFD lessers for $140 per 6 and that includes a bag. The honkers sell for around $180-$195 per six with a bag. I added 3 doz FFD lessers to my honker spread this year and they worked great. We killed a pile of geese over them this year. I wouldn't hesitate to run all lessers, they also save a pile of room in my trailer!

I've got GHG Field Dekes on my wish list as the number one item. Trouble is they are so expensive. If I get a few I'll have to take them everywhere I go, baby them, make them worth every penny.

If you see a guy driving in the carpool lane with goose decoys seatbelted in, it's me with my new pets grin.gif

Quote:

I'm assuming its a 6 slotted.

You are correct. All full body FFD's come with a bag now. If there is no bag in the box, its old stock that the store had left.

• 2 weeks later...

are you looking to buy some used decoys... I have a friend that wants to sell his higdon fullbodies... he has I think 5 dozen... I hunt with higdons and bigfoots and they work just fine... We flock the heads on them too...

I am willing to listen to what your friend needs for the higdons. You can try to send me a private message or if that don't work i could post an email.

I would also be interested in the decoys. Do you know the price or how old the decoys are?

What kind of dekes do you have guppie, like i said before if you sell them i'd be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Scheels has bigfoots on sale for $89 a 4 pack. BF are durable and don't have the paint issues as GHG does.

Do anybody know if people would be intersted in buying the foot bases for GHG full bodies or should I just keep them in the garage?

I agree with guppie, our group has nothing but GHG goose decoys and primarily GHG duck decoys and we are rough on our decoys but there is very little chipping on the duck decoys and little to no chipping on the goose ones.

Bucknduck, do you have the round bottom bases or just the field motion stakes, if they're the round style i know some people who might be interested.

Quote:

Scheels has bigfoots on sale for $89 a 4 pack. BF are durable and don't have the paint issues as GHG does.

I havent had a paint issue with my GHG decoys and are 4 years old. confused.gif