Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uffdapete

Another door panel removal

3 posts in this topic

I need to replace both the inside and outside door handles on the driver side of a 95 Toyota Camry. Because of bad experiences removing door panels before due to not knowing how and where they're attached I thought I'd try tapping any experience here.

There pretty easy there shouldn't be a whole if an]y hidden screws that I can recall. If there are plastic clips that look like they have a pin in the middle that sits flush with the top just push the center in before popping out. These are the ones that hold the rear of the pannel in place. There will be two plastic covers over the screws that hold the front in place. I think there might be one screw behind the cover that hides the mirror mounting nuts. There night be two screws under the door handle that you use to close as well. After every all the screws are out pull gently on the panel to release the plastic pop in connectors that secure the rest of the panel to the door frame. I think the trim around the inside door handle has to come off also, can't remeber specifically. I just did one a couple of weeks ago I wish I could remember better!!

The outside door handle will be the hardest there are 2 10mm headed nuts that hold it on. Have plenty of band-aids ready, the sheet metal is sharp!!

Thanks the walk thru as well as the warning airjer! I'll put on gloves before attempting the threaded nuts.